Error, Failed to execute (password policy problems)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dase, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dase

Dase Registered Member

I'm using TrueImage 8 build 796. Every time I try to create an image, I get this error once the imaging tries to start:

"Failed to execute the task script. Error #2,245 - "The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements.".

My images don't have a password. Is this error referring to the corporate domain policy for the laptop I'm trying to image?

The only way around this for me is to uninstall and reinstall TrueImage. This allows me to create images. The problem with this is the reinstall only works until the next time I reboot.

Suggestions?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. dolled

dolled Guest

Schedule the job run "one time only" instead of create and run now.... I have the same problem, but just schedule the job and let it run one time only or i do schedule it to run regularly.

Cheers

4. jgayman

jgayman Registered Member

What's the deal with this error? Acronis has no idea what the problem is? I've been using version 8.0 Build 791 to do backups and suddenly this evening I get error # 2,245 stating there is a password policy problem. I took the other posters advise and scheduled a run-once job and it's working. This is ridiculous. Has anyone ever found the real solution?

Thanks !

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jgayman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (903) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists after installing the update then please do the following:

- Download and run schedmgr.exe application;

- Issue following commands:

service stop
    service uninstall

- Close schedmgr;

- Replace schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe files in the C:\Program
    Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder with the files from this ZIP archive;

- Run schedmgr.exe application again;

- Issue following commands:

service install
    service start

- Close schedmgr;

If that does not help then please do the following:

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Send these files along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread to support@acronis.com. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.