Error E00640067 - Error 1326 Bad Username or password

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Plex, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plex

Plex Guest

I have been having problems trying out Acronis TrueImage. I receive error E00640067 - Error 1326 Bad Username or password no matter what drive I try imaging to and couldn’t find anything on Google or the Acronis Website.

I've checked NTFS folder permissions. What could be wrong?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. rolion

rolion Guest

Hello,

I'm having the same problem.

Checked and i have the last version,latest build 800.
    Running Windows Server 2003,with 3 HDDs.Using any combination of hdd won't sort out the error.
    Everything gos normal.untill at the last step,when you click "Proceed" !

"Failed to execute the task script.Error:1326="Logon failureunknown username or bad password"

I have no screen shot to attach,as the error is plain english ,self explanatory.

Thanks in advance...

4. Acronis Support

Hello rolion,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software for Server.

Please note that we released the new build (826) of Acronis True Image. Please try to download the latest build and install it then if the problem remains please send the letter to support@acronis.com along with the detailed description of your problem. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  5. BarryM

BarryM Guest

I am having this error with version 9.2273 when I try to schedule daily incremental images, but only if the full-disk image is password-protected. If it is not p/w protected, I can complete the scheduled details and the task executes automatically without a problem (as it did today).

I use the TrueImage 9 on a standalone WinXPHome/sp2 system that has never been set up with multiple users. I have administrator rights.

DETAILS:

When I try to schedule a daily incremental image with the p/w protected full-disk image, I see my default user name ("Barry" as shown in User Accounts) in the first field, then I (carefully) add the password in the next field and verify it in the third field. At that point the error message pops up. I KNOW the password is correct (I can mount the image with it to view it), and I have tried the logon name "Barry" and "DESKTOP\Barry" with no effect.

It APPEARS to be a problem with the user name. How do I verify the name that TrueImage needs to use? Or are there other factors involved here that I should check out?

Thanks!

6. Acronis Support

Hello BarryM,

Could you please create screen shots of your actions when you try to run a schedule task and a screen shot of the error message and send all the information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread?

Also please clarify the following: Did you use the account with administrator rights?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. smith999

smith999 Guest

I hit similier problems as above and find it stunning that offical support is not veru helpful.

To resolve my issue on a tempory basis, I logged on to the server with a different Admin user. I no longer receive the error message

Over time I will ned to study "Log onas a service" and other options wihin WIndows Server to pin the excact prob down.

Hope this helps out other people.

8. Acronis Support

Hello smith999,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Sharing your experience is very much appreciated.

If you have any further experience to share, please feel free to post it on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.