Error E0007001A -Problems with HP Laptop QuickPlay backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Viajerozz, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viajerozz

Viajerozz Registered Member

Hi..new to the TI program and this forum..has anyone dealt with image backups and problems with the HP Laptop feature Quickplay? Its a program HP keeps in a 'hidden' partition on the drive..and boots independently from the OS. Anyway, been having nothing but problems using my new TI program. It recognizes the Quickplay partition reading it as 'unknown' name..but refuses to back it up..giving error of E0007001A 'Partition has invalid file reference'. To make matters worse, if I backup only an image of the other remaining partition containing the Windows OS and then restore it.. it blows off the Quickplay partition altogether.. and since HP in its wisdom gives you no way to restore it (other than restoring their entire bloatware restore disks which reload everything to factory defaults) I am hosed. (Three days now trying to restore partitions that TI blew off with faulty DVD backup DVDs ..I wont ever be trusting DVD backups again)
    Anyone know how to backup the 'unknown' partition used by QuickPlay and how to restore a C drive with TI that wont blow off the Quickplay partition all over again? Thanks for any help..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.