Error E000101F4

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by clam729, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clam729

clam729 Guest

All,
    Asus P4C800 Deluxe, 4 Maxtor SATA drives connected, 2 via SATA and 2 connected via SATA RAID as IDE drives, NO RAID.

Windows XP SP1, all latest patches. No problems in BIOS, no problems in WinXP accessing the drives.

TI was working perfectly, creating my monthly images, last set was created using 597, again, no problems. Upgraded to 611, didn't create any images, upgraded to 613 and attempted to create an image an received the error listed above.

Tried every known Promise driver, uninstalled and reinstalled 597, still, same message. Now, no version of TI will detect anything.

Any ideas, suggestions, etc. ?
    Thanks.

2. clam729

clam729 Guest

continuing to troubleshoot...still same problem.

...tried all versions of sata ide and sata raid drivers for the promise 378,
    ...removed all devices (shown and hidden) from device manager and did a redetect (for ide drives and controllers),
    ...using my XPSP1 cd peformed a "repair" installation to rollback all the way back to vanilla sp1,
    ...i am able to mount images and copy/paste files etc., just still cannot create them,

no hardware changes have been made since the last time i made an image, only updates to 611 and 613 from 597. one thing i did notice is that the uninstaller does not uninstall anything. the drivers and services are left in place. you can verify this my attempting to load older versions and you will get the "file overwrite" dialog box.

is there a manual pruning uninstall guide out there ?
    this bites, hopefully i wont be googling for a replacement. our company just purchased 3 server and a 5 ws copies.

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, clam729

v597 is the best with SATA. [IMHO]

Don't no why it did not uninstall you.

How did you unistall.

What you might have to do is serch your HDD for anything Acronis,
    Acronis TrueImage.

And then use Regedit to do the same.

Unless you have some thing like jv16 PowerTools.

Sorry not too be of more help,
    Take care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. clam729

clam729 Guest

thanks for the reply. i finally got it working.

1. i uninstalled TI via the control panel, rebooted,
    2. manually removed the acronis folder from common files,
    3. manually deleted the drivers from system32/drivers folder,
    4. use regcleaner to remove any "acronis" keys found, rebooted,
    5. reinstalled build 597, no error when starting up =)

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, clam729

All's well again then.

Can't beat a good Regcleaner.

#597 Rules. :D [Well nearly still no Raid Array Support ;)]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

6. imemyself

imemyself Guest

I'm having this same problem as well. Un/reinstalling will get it to work, but eventually(after a few weeks) it will reoccur. When this happens, I get the error message in all the Acronis products I have installed(Disk Director 9, and True Image :cool:. This has happened on two different computers, and has also happened for previous versions (True Image 7 and Partition Expert :cool:. I don't have RAID on either computers. They are both running XP Pro SP1. Having to uninstall and then reinstall them is really starting to annoy me, especially Disk Directory since I use Acronis OS Selector as my boot loader on one of my computers(XP Pro, and Mandrake 10).

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

As always, when the question is not very easy and the resolve path isn't simple, I advice to contact main Acronis Support at support@acronis.com and supply them with all the information that might help with resolving the matter.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.