Error E000101F4 - No harddisk found

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Sarek, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarek

Sarek Registered Member

Hello everybody,

I have been pleased user of True Image for many years. At present, I use version 8.0 and never had any problems.

Now I bought a new notebook. In windows-mode, True Image works fine, but when I start by Rescue-CD oder by the Startup Recovery Manager it fails. When I want to create an image in that mode, true image reports Error E000101F4: No hard disk found.

I borrowed True Image 10 from a friend, but it has the same problem.

How can I get a working Rescue-CD? Of course, I could buy version 11, but who guarantees me, that it will work there. By the way: my new notebook is an Acer Extensa 5220 with Intel ICH8M-chipset.

Even if I create my image in windows-mode, without an working Rescue-CD I can't recover it, because recovering the system partition will alway be done in the linux-mode. So I really need a solution.

Thanks a lot!
    André

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try the acpi workaround that is in one of the stickies at the top of all the threads.

3. Sarek

Sarek Registered Member

I already tried, but without success :(

I just have tried to save the sysinfo-file, but unfortunately I don't have a floppy disk drive in the notebook and I was not able to mount the usb-media following the instructions on this page. When I enter cat /proc/partitions there are no partitions shown. Obviously the chipset of my notebook is not compatible with the Linux-version used by True Image.

4. como

como Registered Member

Search on this forum for VistaPE and use Mustangs guide and plugin to make a VistaPE disk, many users have reported how easy it is to make

5. Sarek

Sarek Registered Member

Could you give me some more detailed help? English is not my native language, it ist hard for me to find any information here :doubt:

6. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

7. mustang

mustang Developer

The problem you are having is because the Acronis recovery CD is based on Linux but does not contain the drivers to support your hardware. There is no way for you to add drivers to the Acronis recoverey CD.

Visit my website. I offer two solutions to replace the Acronis recovery CD (BartPE and VistaPE). These are both WinPE based recovery CD's that will use the Windows drivers that will work on your hardware. With BartPE you manually add the needed Windows drivers for your hardware. With VistaPE most hardware is natively supported without you needing to add drivers. You can purchase plugins for the version of True Image that you use for a small fee.

8. Sarek

Sarek Registered Member

http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/

As far as I see this plugins are not for free. I am not able to transfer money into the USA; I don't have a credit card an also no paypal.

And as far as I see, this plugin is only for True Image 11, not 8 :(

9. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

You did not scroll down far enough. There is a plugin for Acronis 8, it costs just $1.99

EDIT - you can get the Acronis 8.0 BartPE plugin for free from Acronis providing you have registered your product.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/bartpe/

10. Wathen

Wathen Registered Member

Hi,
    I have the same issue with my new motherboard - Asus P5K-E that uses the new ICH9 driver for SATA. I'm currently using version 10 of Acronis. Will your "Acronis True Image Home 10.0 Plugin at $1.99" work so I can see my drives with the Acronis boot CD?

11. mustang

mustang Developer

The plugins can't be used with the Acronis recovery CD. It is based on a Linux system. First you create a BartPE CD (which is Windows based) and add the Windows version of the drivers that came with your motherboard. The BartPE CD will boot on your computer and see your hard drives. Then you add the plugin to make the Windows version of True Image work in BartPE.

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Sarek and Wathen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 11 Home to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 11 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product. Notice that as you already own a previous version of Acronis True Image, you can purchase an upgrade installation package at reduced price (as compared to independent installation package).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.