Error E000101F4 - fixed but questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NewScience, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewScience

NewScience Registered Member

Ran into problem with the infamous Error E000101F4. Could not find any hard disks.

I have output dealing with Registry monitoring of a startup of True Image that worked and one that does not. It shows everything that True Image does dealing with the registry, if anyone wants to view it and try and see why this is occurring.

Anyway, uninstalled True Image 9.0 and reinstalled. Nada. Same problem.

So Uninstalled True Image again AND Disk Director 10.0 and manually cleaned registry and filesystem C:\Program Files\Acronis and C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis folders.

Removed HKLM\Acronis and HKCU\Acronis as well.

This time when I installed, everything worked ... but I did notice that the snapapi.sys o_O driver was installed, was not informed on the previous restore.

I also noticed a prompt when I rebooted the second time about what Linus command line arguments I wanted to use. Why?

There is nothing on my system relating to Linux at all. Does anyone know.

My system is a single OS system - Windows XP Pro.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Don't know what is happening but you do have some Linux on your system buried in the TI stuff. When your PC reboots to run TI to restore your C partiton it starts up a standalone Linux environment if in the TI full mode. (It starts up DOS if in the TI safe mode.)

I have never seen anything asking about linux parameters and would guess it is because some registry key is still present and is looking for something you deleted.

3. NewScience

NewScience Registered Member

Well, I know it isn't a registry key because believe me, I cleaned everything. Got it all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.