error E000101F4 during boot from usb-stick

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Schule09, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schule09

Schule09 Registered Member

I'm running True Image Workstation Echo 8.319 from an USB-Stick as bootmedium. When selecting the Recovery I get the Error:
    E000101F4:Acronis True Image Workstation didn't find any HardDrives (translated from german).

It's important to boot from the stick, so any help would be appreciated.

PS: I also tried to write the "acpi=off noapic noapm quiet" during the boot, still it doesn't work.

Thank you for your help.

2. Schule09

Any ideas?

3. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Schule09:

The error message means that the Linux recovery environment on the USB stick does not have the proper driver to detect your disk controller. Try contacting Acronis via Live Chat on their web site. Support may be able to offer you an updated build of the recovery environment.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Schule09,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

The latest build of Acronis True Image Echo Workstation is build # 8353. Please download and install the latest build and recreate bootable USB flash drive. You can learn more on how to download the latest build here. See if the issue remains.

If the issue persists, please log in to your account and download the ISO file based on ISOLINUX and do the following:

1. Download the Forensic Acquisition Utilities from http://www.gmgsystemsinc.com/fau/

2. Unpack the downloaded ZIP archive;

3. Place the ISO file in the same folder where you unpacked the ZIP archive;

4. Open the command-line (Start->run->cmd)

5. Issue the following commands:

cd [drive letter]:\fau\fau.x86

dd if=[drive letter]:\[name of the .dd file] of=\\.\[flash drive letter]: --localwrt

where

[drive letter] – Drive letter and path to the file on your hard disk

[name of the .dd file] – Name of the file you have downloaded on Step 3

[flash drive letter] – Letter of your flash drive that you would like to use as Acronis Bootable Media

Example:

cd c:\fau\fau.x86

dd if=c:\atis_8115_s_e.dd of=\\.\e: --localwrt

6. Make sure that the partition is active using Disk Management (Start->Run->diskmgmt.msc);

7. Detach the USB flash drive.

Boot your machine from it.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. Schule09

I looked it up in our account and it says, that

Acronis True Image Echo Workstation with License Server (German), Build: #8319, 14. Mai 2009 is the latest version. Is that correct?

And in addition: Where can I download this ISO-version?

6. Schule09

Well, I think I downloaded the ISO file and did the process you described. But then, when I boot from the USB-Stick, it says: "Missing operating system".

What can I do?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

8. Schule09

I got the solution from the live-support which told me to use the BartPE-Plugin.. Thank you for your support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.