Error downloading file from update server

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by HopkinsProg, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HopkinsProg

HopkinsProg Registered Member

Hey guys, maybe you all can help me with a problem I've had for a while now.

I am running NOD32 on Windows XP x64 SP2. Every single day, I get a message that the "virus signature database could not be updated". Typically, I get one successful update for the day, then it errors and won't work again until I reboot the next day. I get errors like the following in the logs,
    =====
    11/2/2008 10:57:46 AM Update Updater: retval = 0x1105, failures: 11 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    11/2/2008 10:57:46 AM Update Updater: compile error 0 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    11/2/2008 10:44:08 AM Update Error downloading file from update server NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    =====

My log file literally seems striped - one success, one failure, one success, one failure...

I have already reinstalled multiple times and cleared the registry and file locations as I was asked to do when I reported this issue a number of months back.

I am using the Windows firewall on this computer, which has exceptions in place for "ekrn.exe", "ehttpsrv.exe", and "egui.exe". I've even tried it with the firewall off, and the same results. I do also have a hardware firewall in place, but this issue has existed since before I installed that.

I have sniffed NOD32's traffic and I've watched it try to download "update.ver" from many locations. One such location is "http://u21.eset.com/eset_upd/update.ver". While NOD32 was apparently unable to fully (or correctly) download this file, I was able to access the file fine from within my browser.

Do you all have any suggestions to correct these errors? Thank you! :)

2. faust1200

faust1200 Registered Member

I've been getting the same exact error over the last few days. Never really had any problems before. My name and password are correct and I can ping to the eset server so I dunno. Using Vista 64 here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.