Error creating temporary file

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by isumi, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isumi

isumi Registered Member

Hello, i've following problem: i can't update my NOD32, because of "error creating temporary file". All Temp dirs exist, also i checked the envirements variables, they are also correct. I tried to reboot. Doesn't help.
    The log file, where it begins not to work looks like this:

22.04.2010 10:43:25 Update Error creating temporary file. NT-AUTORITÄT\SYSTEM
    21.04.2010 17:51:54 Update General compiler error. NT-AUTORITÄT\SYSTEM
    21.04.2010 16:50:46 Update An error occurred while downloading update files. NT-AUTORITÄT\SYSTEM
    21.04.2010 10:49:41 Kernel Virus signature database successfully updated to version 5046 (20100421).

Til today i can't update. I also reinstalled my NOD32, there is still the same error. I am using Windows XP.
    Please help.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. isumi

isumi Registered Member

Hello, thanks for the answer, some Users didn't have rights, so i changed it, but it still doesn' work, same error :(
    Can i somehow update offline or how can i find out the real path, where it downloads this temporary files?
    Thanks.

4. isumi

isumi Registered Member

By the way, is it normal, that ekrn.exe uses 650 physical and 680 virtual memory? :D

5. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I recently saw this error message for the first time. What other security programs do you have installed? I had to remove some programs before I could successfully install NOD32.

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

In addition to what Thankful and Cudni have asked, post back an archive file from your event viewer

7. isumi

isumi Registered Member

I've used NOD32 for around 3 month, but since 21 April it doesn't work, so i don't think, that other security programms have effect on this. But anyway, i don't use anything else except standard Windows Firewall.

Unfortunally my events are listed in German, because i use German Windows XP, but i upload it anyway.
    Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

8. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

Temp dat update downloads are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Updfiles\temp

or

C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Updfiles\temp

9. siljaline

isumi

A list of your installed security software will better help us help you in order to determine what your real issue is.

I have also requested that your posted event viewer logs be read by someone that is qualified to do this.

It would be helpful as well to know where you downloaded your ESET product.
    Was it from a German reseller ?

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  10. isumi

isumi Registered Member

I think i wrote, that i don't use anything else except NOD32, i downloaded it on the official eset site.
    The event viewer logs were checked by a friend, he said only, that there sometimes occures error while hibernating in the swap file. So i disabled it, but it doesn't help.

11. isumi

isumi Registered Member

it's funny, i suspected, that i got some virus, which could prevent from updating nod32, so i installed antivir (free antivirus software) started scaning and while doing so, i saw that nod32 finally updated! I hope it'll work from now.

PS: antivir didn't find anything.

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  12. siljaline

You should not run two anti-vurus programs concurrently as it will render both without much benefit.

Since this issue has not met with any progess here, I suggest you submit an issue ticket to ESET

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.