error code

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by gary12, Mar 31, 2014.

1. gary12

gary12 Registered Member

Has anyone seen or know anything about this error code
    Paragon Backup & Recovery 2013 (or) 2014 Free o_O
    some error occurred : can't open/create file
    Please help.

2. Luca

Luca Registered Member

Same problem here.
    I am running Paragon Backup and Recovery 2013 free on a fully updated Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.
    I have already created a number of successful backups in the recent times. Everything went smoothly.

Today, however, the program experienced an error I have never seen before.
    The program opens normally and lets me select which partitions I want to back up and where to store them. It shows the backup summary and, after I press the last “OK”, it shows the “Backup in progress” window. However, after a few seconds the backup process stops. A red cross appears in the upper left corner of “Backup in progress” and the following error message is displayed in bold:

“Can't open/create file (source: Hard Disk Manager)”

This happened multiple times. I tried the following:

1) Run a check disk and a sfc /scannow: no problems were found;

2) Reboot the computer and repeat as before without any changes à didn’t work;

3) Reboot the computer and select a different backup destination à didn’t work;

4) Open Control Panel and repair Paragon Backup. Then try again à didn’t work;

5) Uninstall Paragon, reboot computer, reinstall paragon, reboot computer and try again à didn’t work;

I googled the error message but I haven’t found any useful information there.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

3. Luca

Luca Registered Member

In case somebody is interested: I was able to solve the problem.
    The cause was the following: one foldername in the backup path did contain illegal characters. That made impossible for Paragon Backup to create the backup.
    After I changed the name of the incriminated folder the program was able to complete the backup successfully.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

This should be helpful to others.

5. Alpajack

Alpajack Registered Member

In my case my file name was to long. I had a external HD with several PC's which I listed in a folder called backup. Each pc had a folder and then I had several more folders with the different backup states in them. I took the back up file and stuck it on a thumb drive and it worked fine. But this was only after hours of banging my head on the desk.......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.