error code

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bm2, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bm2

bm2 Guest

why im geting this error everytime i make acronis secure zone
    Error 5(0x640005) operation has completed whith errors

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bm2,

Could you please create Acronis Report (please see Acronis Help Post for the instructions) and save the log file? Then collect the information requested above and contact us from our web-site: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/support/. Please don't forget to send the link to this thread along with gathered information. This would allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. frotec

frotec Registered Member

I bought the latest version today to replace ghost 10. Judging from the errors I am getting I wonder if I made a mistake. I read a good review in PC world and decided to shift over. I have used Norton for ages and have NEVER had a corrupt file. I used true image today and tried back up 6 times with the same frustrating error. 5(oX640005) i have sent in the note to help desk. I will wait and if I do not get a fix I will contact the author of the PC world article. I agree with most people that backup software with known bugs should not be allowed to be sold as lots ride for us banking upon restores.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello frotec,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build prior to installing build 2323.

Please also create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persist with the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem:

- Provide the exact text of the error message you have received;

- When exactly have you received this error message?

- Does the problem appear both when Acronis True Image 9.0 (build 2323) is running from under Windows and when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Have you already contacted Acronis Support Team on this matter? If yes, then please let me know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter. I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.