Error Code E00040003

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Glandy, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glandy

Glandy Registered Member

When trying to image an XP Pro SP2 client, I get the following error messages.

E00040003 - Error writing the file.
    Operation with partition "c" was terminated with code 34 "O

Have never had a problem with this using this software to image this client before. Have checked all the usual stuff (disk space, permissions etc.) and am now banging my head against a brick wall.

Any help would be very welcome.

2. techyogi

techyogi Guest

suddenly i'm getting this error (i think this one too) corrupt index whenever i try to restore , mount, or check ANY image i make of my computer. I've chkdsk'd my drives, reformatted my external destination drive, etc...

i'm almost ready to giv eup on this product. HELP. i love it...

-ben

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

4. Acronis Support

Hello techyogi,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

We have received several messages reporting this error. We supporse that the problem is that the computers where this error occurs have been restored using norton Ghost 2003. Please contact support@acronis.com and we will help you.

Thank you.

5. techyogi

techyogi Guest

i appreciate your response, but you can help me by posting a fix here as i only investigated ghost at ALL ever after this started happening... and the build i'm trying to backup is clean. When is the next version with a fix coming out?

-TY

6. Acronis Support

Hello techyogi,

Please contact support@acronis.com regarding this problem. We cannot reproduce it in our Testing Lab on a clean setup of Windows XP. We need diagnostic information from you.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

7. ledodd

ledodd Registered Member

Having same error here and I have never had Ghoist. I don't use any Norton products. I feel the issue may be more to do with XP Home SP2. Request tech support look into possivle SP2 conflicts.

8. Acronis Support

Hello ledodd,

As I got from your other post you have already contacted Acronis Support Team and are now waiting for the reply.

We have informed our Development Team and Testing Lab about this problem and we are currently working on fix for it. The information you sent will be of great help in solving this issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. Beach

Beach Registered Member

Did you ever come up with a fix for this?? I am getting the same error on a system that I have been using TI8 on for a couple of months. This is a Win98 box. And this workstation never had Ghost on it.

10. Acronis Support

Hello Beach,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create the screenshots of your actions in wizard and Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send this info to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. Also please send us the screenshot of the error you get. All this data will help us to solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

11. The same happened to me and I can reconstruct it.

When you have large system cache activated in the registry, it will produce this error.

A lot of people do this either by a system (speed increase) maintance tool or by hand as it is written in a lot of PC magazines to make windows faster if you have a lot of memory (1 GB and above).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.