Error code 500(0x101F4)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Billa32778, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billa32778

Billa32778 Registered Member

I'm trying to run TI 10 on an older system as a test before I put this program into use throughout our small network.

I've tried to do a couple of backups and keep running into this error message, which says "Failed to read data from the disk" and then it gives the sector number that failed. It gives you the choice to retry, ignore or ignore all. Twice now I have choosen ignore all and ended up getting a blue screen of death error.

Any ideas? I'm running TI 10 build 4871 which was downloaded as a trial version a week ago. I'm trying to backup a Dell system that has a 30GB hard drive with 18GB used. I'm backing up to a WD 250GB External HD connected through a 1.0 USB port. The system is an Intel 1.67Ghz processor and 256MB Ram.

I've tried running chkdsk /f several times, but the chkdsk still gives me the message that there are problem with the file system and I should run chkdsk /f. Someone suggested I run chkdsk /r, however when I do it gets to 14% on phase 4 and stops responding.

I'm running out of patience, this program gets such good reviews. I don't understand why I'm having fits making it work right.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

What OS are you running?

Have you run chkdsk /r ? Might be worth running this - you'll need to reboot for it to take effect (XP).

Is the error message a TI one or a Windows one?

A USB 1.0 port is going to take ages. I wonder if there is a bottle neck occuring. Have yyou tried changing the priority level of TI, with the amount of RAM, processor and Port speed, you might need to give a greater priority to TI.

Colin

3. Billa32778

Billa32778 Registered Member

I'm running WinXP Home. As far as I know I have all the updates installed.
    The error message is from TI 10, the blue screen of death is of course Windows.

I've tried running chkdsk /r. When it gets to phase 4 it stops responding at about 14%.. won't finish running.

I'll look for that area where you can change the settings that effect how much resources the program uses. However it's the only thing running on the system. I don't even have any anti-virus or sypware programs installed.

4. como

como Registered Member

Have you checked the hardrive manufactures web site for diagnostic software, it is likely to give better results than chkdsk. If chkdsk cannot complete then your hardrive may be on its way out.

You should make a rescue disk boot from this and try again, as this is Linux based it may enable you to make an image.

Bodgy at 2 above is talking about changing the priority within TI, when you get to the choose options click in the button to set them manually press next and you can alter the backup priority, set it to high, this is not an option when booting from the rescue disk

I am not running version 10 and so some of the options may have changed their name

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.