Error code 5 while trying to start up.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by BIRDSEED, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIRDSEED

BIRDSEED Registered Member

After downloading the latest version of SpywareBlaster and installing it, I got the error code 5 popup message saying 'Failed to execute target process'
    This is an unknown item to me, even after several 'Googles'.o_O
    I tried several other downloadsites in case of a bad download, but got the same message every time I tried to attempt running the program.
    I use SpywareBlaster for a long time and find it very good. Please help.:oops:
    System: Windows XP Sp2 with Comodo firewall.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. BIRDSEED

Thanks for support! However, it is not working. Normally should these functions be supported within Windows XP anyway, I believe. So the problem is still existing. Also in SafeMode it is not possible to run SpywareBlaster.
    I have never encountered this Error 5 issue before in the last 10 years or so.
    Maybe I have to wait for the next upgrade of SpywareBlaster.o_O

4. Jim Curtis

Jim Curtis Registered Member

Help to any moderator Re: Error code 5 while trying to start up.

I am having a different message, same problem and I have tried everything to correct it. (Failed to execute target process(Error code 5)
    I don't want to give up but when I posted 2 weeks ago there was no reply. Javacool says they don't want to be contacted with problems and refer to this site but if in your case or mine we get one or zero replies and they don't fix the bug it is disappointing. I don't know how to contact monitors. I've read the few pages that have info on error 5 and tried their fixes even though none of the fixes I found had "Failed to execute target process" in their descriptions. I think I am going to contact Javacool anyway because this is ridiculous. If it is convenient for to send me your email, Birdseed, I will email you with the correct fix when I find it, and if you find it first perhaps you could send me the fix. This program is too good to not have running because of some bug. If this makes sense my email address is jhcis [at] dslextreme.com. My name is Jim Curtis. Thanks for your time.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  5. BIRDSEED

Hi Jim! Your experience proofs that there is a basis for further digging.
    What wonders me is that there are lots of enthousiastics who have obviously no problem getting the program to work.
    I sincerely hope the people from Javacool will take notice of this error code 5 thing because you are very right: this program has an obligation to ALL the long-term users, even it is a free version.
    I prefer to keep in contact via this forum; my knowledge of the deep-inside Windows-things is very limited and brings me only a few understandeble Google-lines. Nevertheless thank you for your proposal and contribution to this problem. Cheers, J. :thumb:

6. Jim Curtis

Jim Curtis Registered Member

Thanks, Birdseed. Javacool has not yet responded but I hope they will. Jim

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  7. chris_de_ze

chris_de_ze Registered Member

I also get this Error Code 5 (Failed to execute target process) the very moment I installed v.4. I tried to find any answers on the web but so far no luck!
    If anyone knows something more about it, please post. Thanx.

PS: However, in Windows Safe Mode, SpywareBlaster works fine! But in normal mode, it refuses to load!

8. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

We're still trying to track down the cause of this problem, and unfortunately because of its relative rarity it's proving difficult.

What is the full path to spywareblaster.exe?
    (i.e. The full path to the directory in which you installed SpywareBlaster.)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

9. jim10011

jim10011 Registered Member

I have the same problem. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall but same thing, error code 5 failed to execute target process. very frustrating. i have no problems at all with my computer except for this. :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.