Error Code: 0x1000002

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by SHadley, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHadley

SHadley Registered Member

I migrated from an older notebook to a new HP ProBook 4520s on February 7, 2011. I have been using different versions of Paragon’s Drive Backup products for the last few years w/few issues. Panda’s Internet Security 2010 15.01.00 was installed and Paragon’s Drive Backup 10.0 Workstation Edition (English) was installed, setup and run in February with no problems. Shortly after installation, the following error was presented when starting Paragon’s Drive Backup GUI:

Operation failed
    Object not found
    Error Source: Object Manager
    Error Code: 0x1000002

Through this forum I learned about the ‘archive_db’ folder and the ‘arcdir’ file and the quick resolution of deleting each to allow the program’s interface to load recreating each folder and file. At this point, all existing archives are no longer represented in the ‘Archives’ window but they are able to manually add and interact with and the program operates as expected.

What I do not understand is why this issue continues to repeat itself. I currently schedule differential backups 7-days a week that continue to run with no problems even when the program cannot be initialized due to ‘Error Code: 0x1000002’. The program is working great but it’s a nuisance to continue to delete this folder and files then install all existing archives every time I choose to interact with the program.

Any ideas on how to permanently resolve this Error Code: 0x1000002 issue?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Could you please specify:
    1. What is backup destination: shared folder\external drive\internal drive
    2. Where arcdir is palaced?
    3. Please zipp archdir file when the error appears again and post it here.

3. SHadley

1) Backup destination is located on an external 500GB USB 2.0 drive
    2) Paragon locates the archive_db folder and the arcdir file on the C:\ root
    3) I was not able to upload an .zip file but was able to upload two files named ‘arcdir-Before’ and ‘arcdir-After’. The before file was present in the C:\archive_db folder when the Error Code: 0x1000002 was presented after attempting to open the Paragon interface this morning after last night's successful backup. The C:\archive_db folder and arcdir file were then deleted, the program was initialized and all archives were manually added creating the ‘arcdir-After’ file in the C:\archive_db folder location.

4. Mech_An

One more questions: do you use scheduled backup task for differential backups?

And about arcdir zipped file: please upload it to FTP (as it is not shown here) using credentials from private message.

5. SHadley

I've run scheduled, differential backups since version 9.xx but have considered shifting to full jobs since I've been running version 10. A file by the name of "sh_archive_db.zip" was uploaded via ftp to location in the private message.

6. Mech_An

Thank for the archive. I will let you know if something interesting will be there.

By the way: do you use script created in 9 version running version 10?
    If yes, please try to re-schedule the backup task via new script generator in version 10.

7. SHadley

I use new scripts generated in version 10, thanks for the assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.