Error Burning to CD,CDRW

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SodaMan, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SodaMan

SodaMan Registered Member

Using TI 8.0 build 768. Get "error writing to cdrw" when trting to create bootable disk.. Have tested drive and can write to it fine. Using ahead's incd ver 4. Any help is appreciated.

Ibmt42 laptop

Attached Files:

2. SodaMan

SodaMan Registered Member

:D Finally got it to work by changing out the media. Changed from CDRW disk to CD-R and it worked fine.. go figure!!

3. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Did you attempt to burn to a CD-RW disc that already contained data? If so, that's probably the problem. Erase first.

4. Bradless

Bradless Registered Member

I have the same error as above cant write to CD-R/RW I was using a trial version of the software and this feature worked fine and now for some odd reason it doesnt I have switched CD's dont get it?

anyone got an idea
    Thanks

5. Sheki

Sheki Guest

do you have to format or prepare the disc first?

or can you use a brand-new-outof-the-wrapper disc?

6. Bradless

Nope these are CD-R's no need to format I have tried a formatted CDRW as well no dice either way

7. Peter Gray

Peter Gray Registered Member

I get the same error message no matter which kind of media or formatting I try. Only once, out of many, many attempts, did TI8 successfully create a bootable startup disk. After unending errors, corrupt files, etc. trying to image onto another HDD, I considered backing up onto 8 or 9 CDs, but the chances of that succeeding seem just about zero. This is on a laptop that I've never had trouble reading/writing to CDR or CDRW.

So I kinda think it's a software problem in TI8, not hardware...

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else gotten ANY feature of TI8 to work properly?

8. Bradless

I have contacted acronis support by email they have given me little help at this point I was hoping it was something I was doing wrong. I installed it uninstalled it attempted to create the boot disk on both types of media (Cd-R/RW) neither works.I am starting to wonder if this is a bug in the application.

9. Bradless

Ok thought I had the problem solved looked at the version Acronis had me download version 7.63 ok this was not even 2 days ago ( current version 7.68 ) if I purchase something would you not figure that they would send you a link to the latest software they are try to sell you. So I download the update thinking this will solve my problem. NO! Good thing thing I only wasted two days trying to figure this out. Yet still doesnt work.

10. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

If your going to burn to a CD/RW use a new unformated CD/RW disk (just like it was a regular CD-R). Formating may be causing the problem. I use all of my CD/RW disks like regular CD-R's and use the erase feature of Nero when I need to 'clean' one up. The packet writing has always been very unreliable with CD/RW's and I can't find any reason to use it except for the drag and drop feature which I can live without.

My 2 Cents,

Allen L.

PS: I haven't had any problems with T.I.8...seems like most problems relate to burning, or notebook PC's. Storing to hard drives have so far given me no problems. (Knock on Wood! :) )

11. wikeron

wikeron Guest

I've used both brand new CD-R's and CD-RW's and tried it with Easy CD Creator 5.3 and Easy CD Creator 6.2 without success. This is a major problem for me because the notebook I want to backup does not have a floppy drive. I have build 764 installed and I am currently downloading build 768. But, from what I've read here, this still might not fix the problem. I have the backups running on a daily schedule and all is apparently well in that area. The log viewer could use improvement, but that is irrelevant if I can't burn a recovery CD.

12. Bradless

You seem to be missing the point I am not trying to create a image I am just trying to create a rescue boot CD onto a CD-R so that I would be able to possibly create an image and burn that image to disk but in order to get to that point you first need the boot CD which of course errors out.

13. tdemore

tdemore Registered Member

I've found that the Roxio "Drag-to-Disk" packet writing application causes this error when attempting to create the Rescue Boot CD. Just kill Drag-to-Disk by right-clicking the icon in the system tray and select "Exit Drag-to-Disk". You do NOT have to reboot. Just retry creating the Rescue Boot CD. The Nero packet writing application (InCD) may also cause this error. I currently don't use Nero. Since this was also a problem with True Image version 7, I would have thought that the Acronis developers would already be aware of the problem and have a more elegant solution.

Tony

14. rob at RGE

rob at RGE Guest

We just Multiple copies of True Image 8 to backup critical drives. I am getting the same error trying to create the boot CD. The burner works fine for ALL other applications. This is also on a Laptop IBM ThinkPado_Oo_O??

15. wannarefund

wannarefund Guest

This message has been posted several times and Acronis has obviously not been able to address this problem. If the program cant make a bootable cd does Acronis actually think I'm going to trust there program with all my data!!!
    I'm getting a refund

16. hberliss

hberliss Registered Member

I have been trying to burn a bootable CD-R or CD-RW for several days without success. Each time I received the same error message as the other posters in this thread. I tried various brands of CD-Rs and CD-RWs both unformatted and formatted to no avail. After receiving some advice from Acronis Tech Support, however, I was able to create a bootable CD-R today.

Verify that you have the latest update of your 3rd-party CD-burning software installed before you begin.

1. Start Acronis with your CD burner tray *empty.*
    2. When the program asks for a disk, open the tray.
    3. Insert a blank *unformatted* CD-R or CD-RW.
    4. Do *not* close the tray.
    5. Click on proceed.

HTH. It worked for me.

17. NetKnght

NetKnght Registered Member

Ditto, to previous post It WORKED! CD-R successfully created on same media that previously failed!

Thanks for Info below:
    =========================================================
    After receiving some advice from Acronis Tech Support, however, I was able to create a bootable CD-R today.

Verify that you have the latest update of your 3rd-party CD-burning software installed before you begin.

1. Start Acronis with your CD burner tray *empty.*
    2. When the program asks for a disk, open the tray.
    3. Insert a blank *unformatted* CD-R or CD-RW.
    4. Do *not* close the tray.
    5. Click on proceed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.