Error at start of Acronis and on validate

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by blockie, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blockie

blockie Registered Member

When I start Acronis TI 11 I get the following error ; "E00400D - The file is corrupted". I then am able to continue after canceling the error box.

I also have a scheduled validate that occurs after making a scheduled backup. The validate always returns the following errors;
    Module 4 Error Code 13(0X40-0D)
    Module 7 Error Code 32(0X70020)
    Module 1 Error Code 502(0X101F6)
    Module 100 Error Code 5(0X640005)

The recent backup obviously failed to validate. However, I took a small look at the backup file and did not see any obvious corruption. Even restored a couple of folders to a blank folder on the HDD and they all looked OK.

Bill

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello blockie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8053) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If you already have the latest build, please perform a repair installation of the program. If the issue persists, please uninstall the programm, reboot your computer, then install again.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. blockie

I am using Build 8053. I reinstalled TI11.
    Still have the problem with Validate. No change from last post.
    In addition, the scheduled backups are not occurring. I have scheduled an incremental daily.
    TI10 did Not give me these problems . It appears that the upgrade was really a downgrade.

4. blockie

I just did a further test. I ran the backup task from the "manage task screen". It ran fine, so I think the parameters are probably set right.
    I also ran the validate task from the "manage task screen and it ran OK except it reported the backup archive that I just ran was corrupted. I don't know if the validate is in error or the archive in really corrupted. Examining the archive with Windows Explorer does not reveal any garble or anything like that. However, I know this is not a good check.

Incidentally, the scheduled validates have run every day but the scheduled backup task has never run.

I just looked at the scheduled archive task for schedule and I find that it is set exactly like the validate task which does run daily as it should.

Bill

5. blockie

Another update on my problem. I think I said that I had absolutely no problems with TI10. So I installed TI11 and installed TI10. Set a new task for backup at 3 in the morning. Was not able to set either incremental or differential so set the task for full. The backup did in fact start at 3 in the morning but at task "Locking C: drive" it hesitated at 98%. Was at 98% when I got up. So stopped it.

Why can't I select incremental or differential with out the system "Not Responding"? and
    Why does the task stop at "Locking C: drive"?

Bill

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Scheduled backups not running is a known bug in ATI 11. You can wait for a new build with a fix fo this or use the windows task scheduler instead.

post #3 in this thread

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=189475

7. blockie

Now I'm back using TI11. I scheduled a backup for 3 in the morning and a validate at 4. Ran both tasks manually. When I ran the validate of the incremental I got a archive corrupted error. I tried to attach a screen shot (jpg) of the log with the errors. When I clicked on attach files nothing happened.
    Anyway I don't know if the validate process or the backup process is making these errors.
    I'll report again tomorrow after the scheduled events.
    Bill

8. blockie

The backup did not run as scheduled. No surprise. However the validation task did run as scheduled and reported the same corrupted file as last time it ran.
    It seems the scheduler works for validation tasks , but is flaky for backup tasks.
    Also. The validation reporting the archive corrupted. It reports corruption on everything I try. Which leads me to believe that it might be the validation task it self. Its hard to believe that ALL of my backup archive are corrupted.

9. blockie

The backup did not run as scheduled. No surprise. However the validation task did run as scheduled and reported the same corrupted file as last time it ran.
    It seems the scheduler works for validation tasks , but is flaky for backup tasks.
    Also. The validation reporting the archive corrupted. It reports corruption on everything I try. Which leads me to believe that it might be the validation task it self. Its hard to believe that ALL of my backup archive are corrupted.

This time around I got the manage attachment box so was able to include the log page delineating the errors. If its any help.

Attached Files:

10. blockie

I think I will try the Windows scheduler to run my tasks. I remember a good explanation somewhere on how to do this but I cannot find it. Anybody help?

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello blockie,

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also run "regedit" command and let us know the data lines of the below registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

12. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The prob with ATI 11 not runnng tasks reliably is a known bug. The cvan't validate prob is a diff prob.

IF you want to use the windows task scheduler, see post #3 in this thread

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=189475

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.