error and neither keyboard nor mouse work when booting from a bootable CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LindaBier, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LindaBier

LindaBier Registered Member

I want to restore a hard drive image from an external hard drive. I boot from the bootable CD and get this error as the bootable CD loads Acronis:

"hub C: connect-debounce failed"
    The software seems to load ok, but the mouse and keyboard do not work. Ergo, without the tab key or the mouse, I cannot move to the Restore Image icon.

Any ideas?

2. Azdon

Azdon Registered Member

That happened to me with a wireless mouse. Use 'full' mode (not safe ) and try using a wired USB mouse and keyboard. Try to not use a hub for the USB.

3. LindaBier

LindaBier Registered Member

Thanks. I did not have a wireless mouse, but after booting up to the computer a few more times, trying other things to solve my original problem, I booted to the Acronis CD and the mouse worked. However, another problem occurred. When I went to restore my image of 1 week ago, I got this error:
    E000101F4: Acronis True Image has not found any hard disk drives.
    I immediatley rebooted to the hard drive and it worked fine. The external hard drive shows up also. But Acronis Restore Image cannot find either of them!

4. Azdon

Azdon Registered Member

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello LindaBier,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3633.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if any of the problems you reported still persists.

If the problem with keyboard and mouse not working still persists then please try booting with "usbmouse=off" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post (use "usbmouse=off" instead of "acpi=off noapic"). In case you use a non-USB keyboard then you can also try disabling 'USB Legacy\Keyboard Support' option in your computer BIOS settings. If your mouse and keyboard are connected to the computer through a HUB then please try connecting them directly.

If nothing of the above helps then please provide us with the following information:

- If possible, create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt file) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- If you cannot create Linux system information for some reason then please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Let us know exact vendors, models and connection types of both your keyboard and mouse.

If the problem with hard drives being not recognized still persists then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter does not help then please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt file) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also let us know if the message mentioned in your initial post still appears when you boot your computer from Bootable Rescue CD created with the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.