Error: Analysis of application protoccols will not function

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by windstrings, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

An error occurred while starting services, Analysis of application protoccols (Pop 3, Http) Will not function.

What the heck is this?

Everything was working fine until I did a windows update and updated to IE7.

Even though there is a "red" icon now in the lower right taskbar instead of green and everytime I reboot, I get that error, when I go into all the settings it shows everything is checked and running?

One thing thats strange however is that under Web browsers in NOD, under "web access protection", there are no programs to choose from at all?

I did chose the "Phising filter" that IE ask to enable....

I run XP Pro... has anyone else had this issue?

I would appreciate fixing this since IE cannot be uninstalled without very tedious measures... my restore bin has been deleted past that point.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Edit: Very bad your System Restore point have been deleted . I wrote very long answer about restoring but I didn't read your whole post . Silly me .

Anyway , the first thing you should try is to reinstall:

1. Download fresh new Eset v3 product from http://www.eset.com/download .
    Make sure that you choose the correct version.
    2. Uninstall your current version from Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
    3. Reboot the computer when prompted
    4. Delete manually these folders:

- C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Eset
    - C:\Documents and Settings\your user\Application data\Eset
    - C:\Documents and Settings\your user\Local Settings\Application data\Eset

5. Reinstall your ESET smart protection with the file you just downloaded . Use typical install.

3. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

Interesting... I downloaded the latest version "which is now later than the one I'm having problems with" and instead of installing over the top.. it "uninstalled" without warning!....

I expected to see the icon etc reappear, but it was all gone!

So I went to program files and deleted the eset folder without problems.. also indicating nothing was running and simply reinstalled the new version..

That fixed everything!..... cool that it knew not to overinstall but rather uninstall.. it must have sensed a problem.

I'm assuming intelligence on behalf of NOD since I "did" install over the top of prior versions on 4 other machines that were having no problems with the prior version without a problem.

I still have the same issue "Web browsers in NOD, under "web access protection", there are no programs to choose from at all?, but that doesn't seem to be hurting anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.