Error after reconfiguring Spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by madasahatter, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madasahatter

madasahatter Registered Member

I got this error thing present itself after I had updated itand after I clicked on the X in the right hand corner.

"Spywareblaster has caused an error in MCHOOK.DLL Spywareblaster will now close."

The computer froze for a few seconds but then was o.k
    Can I rest assured that the program is still working okay or should I do anything to rectify it?

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi madasahatter, welcome to the forum. :)

More information would be helpful. What operating system do you have, and what other security programs were running at the time you closed SpywareBlaster and received that error.

I did a google search for MCHOOK.DLL errors, and it seems to be related to McAfee's VirusScan. Do you have McAfee's VirusScan installed, and if yes, what version?

The more information you can give us the better it will be to determine what caused the error message.

Regards,

snap

3. madasahatter

Hi Snap

I have M.E as my operating system and I was running McAfee VirusScan 7Prof. McAfee Firewall 4 and I use AdAware, Spybot S&D, as well asSpyware Blaster.although the last two were obviously not running at the time.

I've noticed that the error message occurs everytime I exit the Spywareblaster Splashpage.

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi madasahatter,

See this thread here at the McAfee help forum, specifically the 12th post down by Jubo (one of the Moderator there).
    http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=98425

They have commented that the MCHOOK is related to having an older version of McAfee at one point and there still being some files left behind after uninstalling the older version. I do remember when I had the old version of McAfee, getting a few mchook error messages when I ran some programs, but have not had McAfee for a long time, so I am not sure if this problem still exists with the newer versions or not.

I wish I could be of more help, but hopefully the information here may help Javacool figure out what the problem is and why it is happening.

Regards,

snap

5. madasahatter

Thanks for all your help. I checked out the The McAfee connection but could'nt make 'head not tail' of any of it. However I seem to have overcome the problem. I downloaded Registry Mechanic (paid for version) and ran it. I have'nt seen the error since.

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Glad to hear it! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.