Error: Acronis Secure Zone has no backups.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Striker, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Striker

Striker Registered Member

When I went to restore an Image I got the above Error message. I went to "Check Archive" and got the same error. I then went to "Plug Image", same error. my free space in Secure Zone is about half of the 44GB. I took another Image (incremental) and the free space was reduced accordingly and I got the message: "The operation was successfully completed". Again I tried to restore and got the same above Error.

Is there any hope of restoring an image?

I'm new at this but I have successfully restored images from this Secure Zone. I've also been reading alot on this forum and I'm getting the impression that Secure Zone is a bad idea.

Thanks for all the helpful posts.

TI 9.0 build? My build was #2,337. After getting the above error, I uninstalled TI (per sticky) then installed build #3,854. At "About" under "Help" it still says Build #2,337. I've tried unsuccessfully updating several times in the past with no luck and just gave up.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Yes, the SZ has outlived its usefulness. Do yourself a favor and keep your backups on another hard drive (internal or external). As for the build number try cleaning out your cookies and temporary internet files folders.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

That is Ralphie's opinion. Mine is quite the opposite.
    I have used the Secure Zone for a considerable time from Version 8 to Version 10.
    I use it on a secondary internal hard drive . I use it to store images of my primary drive it does not make much sense to put it elsewhere.

Thanks to the way the secure zone can be used my backup process is a no brainer. Images of my main drive are produced per schedule when I am not even at the computer. Management of the archive is automatic and it works every time. All I need to do is glance at the TI log to be sure that an Image was created.
    The only manual part of my backup cycle is to withdraw the current main drive and restore it's image to another hard drive. Exchangable drives, if you have a spare drive bay, are the way to go !

PS. for Ralphie's information creating images while booted in Windows enables so much better functionality why not give it a try?

Xpilot

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you have ATI10 you can do the automtated backup without using a special hidden partition like SZ. You use SZ why? Just wondering?

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Okay, XPilot, I'll give you that as a suitable use for the SZ. :) But for us mortals who don't do automated backups and the fact that only the TI software can "see" what's in the SZ, no thanks. ;)
    And as for running TI from within Windows, I don't want to tempt fate. You read here from the problems others run into, how it seems to take the slightest hint of a curve ball to make TI falter when you least expect it.

PS. Glad to see Dungy (ex Tampa Bay Bucs) going to the Super Bowl. :D :D

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Yes I am aware of that and I am using version 10 however I have my schedule, a simple one liner, set up since version 8 and as it still works without fail I see no reason to change to a more complex arrangement.
    There is also an advantage in having my backup drive hidden from most forms of possible interference which would be lost if I used an open drive.

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.