Error 4: Failed to write data

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kena, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kena

kena Registered Member

Can someone tell me what the fix is for this error i get when trying to back up to a network drive under XP: "Failed to write data to the image archive file. A possible reason might be poor media quality" I can write fine using other means. This is an out of the box failure as far as i'm concerned. I've seen where others have had this problem but the solution seems to be 'missing' from these posts.

I feel that I've been bilked my $50. I suppose I can contest my credit card bill when it comes.. :mad:

2. kena

kena Registered Member

Re: Taking action

i got an auto reply, but no fix to my problem. I supplied all requested info. I intend to take action by demanding my money back from the dealer. If they won't refund, i will contact my credit card company. Unacceptable way of doing business.

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Kena

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

We are just members of Wilders Security Forums try to get or give help the same as you.

You are not giving much Information, ie system, OS, Ti Build etc.

The more Information you give the better.

Please do not start jumping up and down? [people will Ignore the the request for help]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. kena

kena Registered Member

i was actually not jumping up and down, someone ~snipped unnecessary comment~ moved my post from another area over here. The error i posted seems to be a common problem that i've seen posted elsewhere but the fix is not listed...just a reference to contacting support which is non exisitent. In case it makes a difference from the others who get this error writing to a network drive...here's my setup:

case#:184886
    build: 786
    XP SP2
    1.8G pent
    640M ram
    Maxtor external drive via linksys network storage link
    (allows a usb dirve to be accessed via network; NTFS file system)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2005
  5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Kena

I not sure what you mean by that remark?
    OR:-
    If you are intrested in me trying to help you [I am only a user the same as you] please give some Information on your problem?

That is say nothing as to what you are trying to do. [what media?]

Please do not make this 20 questions?

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

7. kena

kena Registered Member

From my OP I simply wanted to know if anyone knew the fix for this error (verbatim quote of error given by this worthless s/w):

"Failed to write data to the image archive file. A possible reason might be poor media quality"

Others have gotten the error, i simply wanted to know what the fix was since reference to that error could be found on this board but not the fix.

I did finally get a complex set of tests for me to complete by Acronis support in order to see if they could provide me "a possible workaround".

When I have an extremely vanilla setup and I buy SW at retail prices to do one thing that it claims it can do, backup to a network drive, and it fails to do that hands down out of the box, I'm done.

I appreciate the help, but I'm not willing to play SW QA on something thats suppose to work. If Acronis would like to give me free software to help them troubleshoot, I might consider that if i have time. But right now, i just want to get a clean backup. Thankfully I got my $ back from the dealer.

Good luck, this sw is a nice concept...but it tends to just infuriate customers when something is put out half baked and then they are expected to help do QA. The product needs to simply work as advertised.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kena,

We are very sorry for the problem aroused. Generally this particular issue is solved rather quickly. Usually it is connected with some errors on either destination or source drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.