Error #31

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by scanf, Apr 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scanf

scanf Registered Member

I loaded TDS-3 and it is giving the following messages

Error #31 Couldn't load Radius system

Radius.TD3 failed to initialise- it may be corrupt.

I downloaded and installed twice. Same messages.

WazzuP>??

Box
    Dual P3 533eb/768MB PC133/Windoze XP Pro, SP1

2. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

Hi scanf!

Download the radius Update manually from the homepage of DCS. After that, delete the radius file inside your TDS directory manually and replace it with the one you have downloaded.

Like that you should be able to get rid of the problem!

Best regards!

Patrice

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Scanf,
    welcome to the forum! Is this a full version or an evaluation?

4. scanf

scanf Registered Member

This is the evaluation copy. I manually downloaded the radius update and copied it to the working directory. No luck.

TDS-3 works great on my win2k pro/SP3 box (no trojans found) but on the XP Pro/SP1 box no luck. The XP box is SMP, could that cause problemso_O Also, I run Norton AV and Sygate 5 pro firewall. Any conflicts with these programs in XP with TDS-3?

Could the XP box have a trojan that doesn't allow TDS-3 to initializeo_O

Thanks for your help:)

5. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

Hi scanf!

I suggest that you deinstall and reinstall the evaluation copy of TDS-3 again. Perhaps this solves your problem. I'm using TDS-3 on a Windows XP Pro machine as well. No problems at all so far! I don't think you have a trojan onboard, no. This is another problem.

Best regards!

Patrice

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

The SP1 could more cause problems then other software, but i understood it works perfect with SP1, several products run even better with that (maybe all except XP itself, sorry bad joke).
    Are you also sure you have all recent required system files, nothing overwritten due to older software installs?
    There is a list on top of the threads here for the "required system files" page which might give some more ideas?

Do you think you could have a trojan? It should not block initialising if there were. On top of the TDS threads here is another thread about "what works with TDS" where people post their windows versions and programs working on their systems with TDS, never saw those programs as mentioned not to be working, contrary, to be working ok.

The only other thing i could think of would be a corrupt radius.td3 file, trying to remember as there was that error #31 before long time ago when the file could not be read properly due to.....o_O Has it never worked on this system?
    You could even like to try to grab a copy from your 2K box and see if that runs on this system. Not sure if you rebooted the XP after TDS install to be more sure and if you did restart TDS after putting in the new radius update.
    You could like to save your working radius on the 2K and try to run this copy from the XP on that and see if it loads there properly.
    Is your evaluation period not passed its time or times started TDS, not sure what happens when the X days or times starting up are over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.