Error #2 when trying to back up

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nom de TI, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nom de TI

nom de TI Registered Member

I get the following message when I click the final "Proceed" button, when trying to do a full disk backup:

E00640067: Failed to run the task. Failed to execute the task script. Error #2 - "The system cannot find the file specified (0xFFF0)".

I'm using True Image Home v. 11.0 build 8053. I'm trying to back up my main drive onto a brand new, partitioned, formatted, working, 500 GB drive, and using all default options for the backup. I've tried several different file names for the backup and still get the same result. Operating system is XP.

This is my first attempt to use True Image for creating a backup.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nom de TI,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that Acronis Scheduler2 Service (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services) Startup Type is set to Automatic. Otherwise, please set it to Automatic yourself and reboot the computer.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Download and run schedmgr.exe application;
    - Issue the following commands:

service stop
    service uninstall

- Close schedmgr;
    - Replace schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe files in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder with the files from this ZIP archive.
    - Run schedmgr application once again;
    - Issue the following commands:

service install
    service start

- Close schedmgr.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. nom de TI

nom de TI Registered Member

The file replacement did the trick. Thanks very much!

4. leblond23

leblond23 Registered Member

Solved my problem to.....

Thanks a lot

5. johnmsch

johnmsch Registered Member

I had the same issue and came here looking for a solution. I have been using TI9 since it was first released and never had a problem. I upgraded to TI11 this weekend and got this same error at the same point in the backup process. I went through all the steps in post #2 in this thread and everything worked.

Also, based on another problem I had (the error when searching all files and the Windows Search hits a TIB), I ended up doing an uninstall, then reinstall. When I did the initial install, I had selected "For this user only" option. On the reinstall, I installed for all users. I did not have a problem doing a backup after that. It seems that there are major issues with TI since version 10 when installing for "this user only". I'm hoping Acronis Support is working on this.

All things considered, I'm still a HUGE fan of TI and wouldn't think of using any other backup software!!!!

6. bubernak

bubernak Registered Member

I'm having the same problem as stated above, but I'm using Acronis version 9.0. I think the problem was that I recently bought a new seagate hard drive which came with Disk Wizard and after installing that, my Acronis backups stopped working. I realize Disk Wizard is now provided by Acronis, and it's a newer version than what I have, but it doesn't look like it allows you to schedule backups, so I left v9.0 on as well. Anyway I removed Disk Wizard but still can not create a backup, so I was just wondering if the same fix mentioned earlier would work for v9.0 as well, and when I go into my control panel, I don't see a Administrative Tools option. I'm using Windows XP home...is it called something else in there? Thanks!

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I think the Admin utilities are the bits that are left out of Home. I'm not sure if you can gain access to them by booting into Safe mode.

Have you checked in Services.msc (type it into the RUN text box of the Start button) to see if the Acronis services appear there, are running and set to automatic?

Colin

8. bubernak

bubernak Registered Member

Performed the steps stated above by Acronis Support and it worked perfectly. I just couldn't log into the Acronis web site yesterday to try, but they were back up today. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.