Error #1601 during installation... need help!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by data7, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. data7

data7 Registered Member

I tried to install the version of TI 10 that I have downloaded from the Acronis website and it will not complete due to Error 1601: "Windows Installer Service could not be accessed". It also indicates that this could be a problem with permissions.

Has anyone seen this error before?

Regards

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Are you logged on as a user or user/administrator with administrator permissions as far as Windows is concerned?

What flavour of Windows are you using?

Have you or anyone else, disabled any windows services that may have been noted in magazines or the web as unessential?

Do you have any a/v, anti worm, registry checker/locker utility running, that may be seeing the install as an attack?

Colin

3. gthomas

gthomas Registered Member

Same problem here. Anyone have a solution yet? I read that up should extract
    the install file. That lead to another error. A cab file is corrupt which it is not.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. gthomas

gthomas Registered Member

That Microsoft article only refers to Win 2000 and Win NT. I am running XP Home Edition and it specifically states that it does not apply to XP installations.

So, still stuck, still cannot install Acronis and thinking about getting our money back and trying other solutions.

6. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

This article may apply to error 1601 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.