Error 120 after attempted update to 2.7

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Kentish, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kentish

Kentish Registered Member

I just tried updateing 2.5 to 2.7 via the Eset site download, however at the end of the install I get the error "120" occurred while registering the service. NOD32MOD_WINNIT_ENGLISH_BASE. After htis attempted update over the top of 2.5, Nod32 appears to be play up. An attempt to reinstal 2.5 resulted int he same error message.
    Any ideas?

ps ProcessGuard, Ghost Securities suite and SpywareGuard were all turned off. Comodo was left running as was Wormguard.

Cheers

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

3. Kentish

Sadly I had already tried generating a test log as suggested, but adding "/test" returns an error message telling me it points to a location that doesn't exist, or may be a network issue etc (Eset is there after failed attempts through the Eset installer).

So...I cannot pm anyone a log,....
    I notice though that the thread pointed to is a year old, does this therefore mean that only myself and that thread generator have had this problem??

4. Kentish

I eventually tried installing in safe mode. Installation was a success,rebooted and everything appears fine.

I suppose the question though is why only in safe mode?.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I actually had someone with the same problem yesterday, it is very rare, but not unique.

Cheers :D

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Most likely it happens if you try to reinstall NOD32 after an unseccessful installation, without restarting the computer first.

7. Kentish

I had uninstalled Nod, rebooted, wiped with Track Eraser Pro and MRU Buster, rebooted, ran WinASO Reg optimiser, rebooted, ran TEP and MRU B again, rebooted and then tried reinstalling.....so without being funny I had rebooted but I appreciate some may not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.