Error 106?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by porty, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porty

porty Registered Member

XP Pro. Just tried installing a trial version of regular NOD32 and I got 'Error 106' when it started to run for the first time. Tried this three times then gave up and tried to uninstall but there was no listing for NOD32 or Eset in the Add\Remove list.

So I tried to install NOD32 beta (not sure which version, or how to tell the difference? but it was down loaded about a week back) and that one seemed to install but when it finished it reported that it's not been properly installed.

Trying to uninstall it gets the message 'Nothing to uninstall'.

Advice would be appreciated....:-(

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi porty, what previous antivirus was on your system?

Cheers :D

3. porty

porty Registered Member

The previous AV was the original AVG Free. But as you know, Grisoft have brought out a new free version and I didn't like the sound of its built-in three-month redundancy so I canned it. (Sounds like Grisoft might be on a more aggressive marketing kick - not a good call IMHO)

Incidentally, the hard drive in question is actually a template drive, which I clone onto bare HDDs when I do a system build. I like to keep a simple AV prog on it as a basic safety measure against early infection of the cloned HDD. Once the clone is up and running I usually suggest that the customer buys NOD32.

Dunno what went wrong here - I've never seen 'Error 106' come up during a NOD32 install.....o_O

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

A "106" error typically means an error extracting the files from the distribution archive. Please download a fresh copy of the NOD32 installation program (either the trial version of v2.51 or the beta test version of v2.70) and installing it over the existing installation to see if that solves the problem.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. porty

porty Registered Member

Thanks, Aryeh - will try that :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.