ericstrojan has anticmos

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ericstrojan, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericstrojan

ericstrojan Registered Member

hello again... on my other computer which cant get on the internet. it has an anticmos virus and a stoned.gen virus. i had a virus protector so i thought but the complete version is on line. i have borrowed a cd mcafee virus cd which wont load in the cd drive because it is not there. the virus hid it i assume or did something to the connection. i turned the computer off with the disk in and went with the mcafee emergency deal, to scan. i get the this message "the boot sector can not be read". and please examine the partition sector. i not sure what to do for either. when i reboot after the scan... i still have the anticmos and it says to use a recovery disk... which i dont have ... i am not sure what to do... i ve read about using a boot disk or scan disk...which i do not have. can you help or direct me on what to do next and or where to download what i need... thanks eric :cool:

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi eric,

I struggled a bit trying to figure out where this post belonged. You posted it in the Javacool SpywareBlaster forum, but since it has nothing to do with that it needed to be moved.

Since it appears that you have an almost completely non-functional PC, asking constantly for recovery disks (with perhaps a corrupt boot sector), it would seem that you are beyond a simple virus / trojan scan or repair operation, but I'm not sure. I was thinking one of those forums as an alternative, however, it may be you are getting close to needing to totally reformat that system, so getting help with that here in Software & Services might be what's needed - unless others have additional ideas about how to save your system from having to do that.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It sounds as if your floopy and cd are pretty much disabled If you have a factory restore disc or operating system installation disc you might try putting it in the cd drive and rebooting with the disc in the drive and see if it will boot and run the program if it will I would advise that you go ahead and do a reformat and OS reinstall. It sounds like your computer has gotten to the point that it may be your only way to get your comp working again.

bigc

4. ericstrojan

ericstrojan Registered Member

me again.... i have an A drive... i have a hewlett packer window millenium edition... it will load...and windows come up... but no disk drive with the message to use a recover disk.. which i dont have ... is there some place to download a copy of that on the internet? i put the mcafee disk in and turn on the computer and it reads the disk in the emergency mode and thats where the messages about the boot sector and the partition sector come up... in dos...what or where are they and how do i let the virus scan get to it.. i would appreciate any help or clues or advice i could get thanks... keep up the good work...eric..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.