Eraser or Shred Agent

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by n8chavez, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I'm having a hard time determining which one I should use. I have a license for Shred Agent, so that is not an issue. Shred Agent is automatic, Eraser is not. Yet Eraser has never let me down. I am curious to know which one users here would use if given the choice, and of course why.

2. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

N8chavez, I seem to recall (?) reading some negative comments about Shred Agent when it was newly released; however, those issues may have since been resolved.

FYI - If you’re interested in the "automatic" ability of Shred Agent, you might also wish to look at Undelete. While this product is marketed as a file recovery tool, it also has the functionality to automatically capture all deleted files (whether deleted by a user or by an application) and to optionally wipe them. I haven’t used it myself (yet), but the fact that it is a Diskeeper product makes me think that it would perform quite well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.