ERAS Policy help

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by RyanW, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

I've got a SBS 2008 server that's locking up during my weekly scan. It's using ESET AV Business 3.x since 4.x has known issues with SBS 2008.

I have my policies configured as such:

Default Policy
    (most of the settings)
    Scan Weekly - Wednesday 3.AM FULL SCAN
    --- Server Policy
    ----- Add some settings (like excludes for SQL/Exchange/etc)

Since the weekly scan is being taken from the parent Default Policy, it scans weekly which wasn't a problem until recently. Now my weekly scan causes the server to lock. So I'd like to know how I can disable the child policy from inheriting JUST that setting so it no longer does a weekly scan?

Best I can figure is a new setting on the child policy to delete the task with the same ID as the parent policy. But this seems like every 10 minutes ESET will re-configure the policy and then the child policy will go remove it as it's processed. (probably pretty close to instantly). This doesn't seem like the "best" way to do it, are there alternatives?

2. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Personally I wouldn't bother with EAV3 anymore. I'd contact your reseller about the upgrade options to ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server.

3. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

This looks like nothing more than a rebadged version of ESET AV v4 from what I'm seeing.

4. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

I can assure you it's not. It's been built around the 4.3 kernel (As opposed to the 4.2 kernel in EAV BE) that was designed for servers. Besides that, it also detects most of the server roles ( MS SQL, Exchange, IIS, Sharepoint ) and automatically adds exclusions for those roles. Lastly, it also features the brand new eShell functionality that allows for control via command line / batch scripts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.