ERAS MS-SQL

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by tiagobigode, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiagobigode

tiagobigode Registered Member

I'm trying to install the ERA in a database MS SQL but I'm not getting, can you help me?

User and password database I tested this and correct that already tested!

You have to configure anything in SQL? Or the machine?

eras_database_mssql.jpg

eras_database_mssql2.jpg

2. rcash

rcash Registered Member

I had the same problem and eventually just set up and System DSN in ODBC and used it. Then in the connect string I used "DSN=odbcsystemdnsname"

3. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

I have ERA setup to use SQL Server 2008 Standard and the connection string worked just fine for me. Have you confirmed that you can connect to the ESETRADB database using another application (Management Studio, Query Anaylzer etc..)?

Also, did you create the ESETRADB database on your SQL Server? it's been awhile since I set mine up, but I think I had to create the database, and then the installer added the tables.

4. tiagobigode

tiagobigode Registered Member

The database is not created by the ERAS?

I have to create a database in SQL and basic set up after the install ERAS?

5. andrator

andrator Registered Member

ERAS V4 support Microsoft SQL Server 2005 with CI collation.

In SQL Server 2005/2008 you have to use a Schema Name. I've used the default dbo, as shown in section 2.2.3.4.2 of the ERAS manual.

According to section 2.2.3.4.1 from the the ERAS manual the ERAS installer is capable of creating an empty MySQL database, which is automatically named ESETRADB. Therefor I manually created a SQL2005 database on SQL Server 2008.

Note: With ERAS V3 I had some problems using SQL Server. The installer was looking in the wrong folder for the sql script to create the tables. After reviewing the error log I manually copied them to the right location and restarted the installer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.