ERAS Device Control Logs

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by dwood, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwood

dwood Registered Member

I'm testing out the Device Control component of ESET Endpoint Anti-Virus but non of the client logs are being collected by the ERA Server.

I've turned on the logging to level 3 and checked my test machine that it has entries in it's local log file, but nothing appears in the central logs.

Any ideas? o_O

2. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

I've got the problem, that since 3 days i've got no logs anymore. No thread log, no event log... possible we have the same problem?

3. dwood

dwood Registered Member

My other logs that were working before are fine.

I've started testing of the Device Control components and would like the central logging, makes life a little easier! :D

4. dwood

dwood Registered Member

After hours of digging, I have found out why the logs were not being picked up by ERAS.

When you create rules you have to right click them and set the log entries verbosity (severity) of that rule.

Once I did that and the clients got the updated policy, any new log entries started coming through.

Not very well documented, I found it hidden in the Endpoint Antivirus manual - http://download.eset.com/manuals/eset_eea_userguide_enu.pdf

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.