ERAS Backup

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Rachiano, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachiano

Rachiano Registered Member

Hi,
    I am in the process of installing Eset Remote Administrator Server. I would like to backup everything needed to set it up after a disaster such as an hard disk failure. How or what should be backed up to be safe?

Thanks.

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

The files you would need to restore to get your ERA back and running from a backup are all in c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server and the related registry keys are in HKLM\Software\Eset\Eset Remote Administrator\Server. If you are taking full backups with the system state then you should need to do anything special for this application to get up and running again.

3. Rachiano

Rachiano Registered Member

Thanks SmackyTheFrog.
    Shouldn't I also backup the storage and database folders I specified during the installation process if I will not be doing a full system state backup?

Rachiano.

4. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Those folders all default to the c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server directory (c:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server on server 2008 I believe). If you changed the default settings then obviously you will need to modify your restore procedure to reflect those changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.