ERAC will not push config or policy

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by benshibumi, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benshibumi

benshibumi Registered Member

We just had a client finish their trial period of NOD32 BE and we purchased a new license. I updated the config.xml file through ERAC and tried to push it to the clients through New Task > Configuration. I check the Tasks tab in the properties for all the clients in ERAC and they all say waiting. I have tried editing the Default Primary Clients Policy with the new license, but that has failed to push through to the clients as well. I can see all the clients in ERAC and they are still reporting that the license has expired. Am I doing something wrong or do I have to just go to each computer and manually input the new license. It's only 4 or 5 computers, but we have started moving all of our companies clients over to ESET when their current antivirus runs out, so we would like to have a set way to do this when we have to move larger companies over to ESET. We are running Server 2003 R2 and all the computers are XP except for one computer running Windows 7. Any thoughts?

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

What is the last connected date for your clients? If they are still checking into RA without issue, and they have updated the license information, you might try clearing the update cache on each client.

What does the client GUI say on the workstations? In the clients tab, you could try highlighting the problematic clients, right clicking, then choose Clear Info > Clear "Last Event Warning" Info.

Thanks,

Matt

3. benshibumi

benshibumi Registered Member

The last time they have connected was 3 weeks ago. Is it alright for the clients to have dynamic IPs or should I set static IPs to all of them?

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

The clients themselves can have dynamic or static, that's up to you. However the server itself should have a static, or at least something that can be resolved through DNS.

In your config, the name/address of the RA Server could be an IP address, a hostname, or a fully-qualified name (necessary if you have clients connnecting from outside your netowrk, e.g. laptops).

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.