ERAC Remote Admin for windows/mac

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by s0kra7es, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s0kra7es

s0kra7es Registered Member

I am having some problems understanding how the ERAC works in mixed windows/Mac networks. Tasks are not completing, and machines constantly have out of date Virus sig DB's. I have two sites running ERAC.

Site A is purely a windows domain and the ERAC Remote Admin is running under a domain admin account. This is the primary for replication.

Site B is a mixed Windows/Mac network without a domain. In fact, there isn't a consistent domain/workgroup for the machines to join to.

Site A, for the most part, updates and functions correctly. Some tasks won't complete, like updating virus sig DB (from the console)

Site B cannot complete a single task. The machines are more often then not behind on their sigs.

Both sites are supposed to go to their respective ERAS for updates while on our network, and out to Eset when outside our network. This happens fairly consistently at site A, but not at site B.

I understand how RA works in a domain, it uses the domain account to function. I do not understand how it works in a mixed enviro where there isn't a domain admin account. I am not sure what steps to take to resolve this.

My goal is to get both sites to update consistently, which isn't happening now, and to complete on demand tasks, which also happens 50/50.

Sorry for the wall of text, and I will try to clear up any confusion as required.

2. GaryG

GaryG Eset Staff Account

For Site B, are all of the Windows/Mac clients for Site B currently reporting to the ESET Remote Administrator?

At Site B, what error message are the Windows/Mac clients receiving when their virus signature database update fails?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.