ERAC: Policy changes not updating

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by jvoves, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jvoves

jvoves Registered Member

I'm currently testing ERAC 4.0.138.0 with NOD32 v.4.2.71 clients.

I am using static groups and have my computer in its own child group for testing. I enabled Block Removable Media, and waited for the computer to check-in with the server, once it did I got access denied plugging a USB key into my computer. Great!

But!

I then went and removed the computer from the group and policy where I'd made that setting. Nothing changed. I went and removed the checkbox from the specific policy, nothing changed. I've rebooted the computer, forced updates, nothing. If in the console I double click the computer, go to the configuration tab and view the policy directly from the computer, I see that Block Removable Media is still set to Yes.

So, First question, why? Second question, how do I fix that? Third question, is there some form of gpupdate /force like option to be used either from the server or client to force the client to delete the old local cached policy and reload it from the server?

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

In the order asked:

1. The ESET Configuration Editor works in a way where only the settings that are, “marked” or included in the .xml file are applied. If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you stated that you never changed the block removable media option back to off from the ESET Remote Administrator. When you enforce a policy on a client only the settings specified or marked in the policy are changed. When you remove that client from the policy, you have not changed anything; you have simply stopped giving instruction.

2. To remedy this situation simply apply a policy to the client that enforces the, Block Removable Media option as off.

3. No, the client settings will only change once the option has been marked in the client’s policy and the value is different than that currently stored on the client.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.