ERA Update Server Stops Working Daily

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by toddritt, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddritt

toddritt Registered Member

Hello all,

I have used NOD 2.7 here on over 1000 clients for about 2 years, and I recently decided to upgrade. I pushed out the current NOD 4.0.474 release, and that is all working well. I made a brand new Windows 2008 R2 server for the ERA 3.1.

Clients are reporting correctly, and I can change configs remotely and all that fun stuff, but I'm having a problem with the update mirror in ERA. It seems to be unavailable after running for a day, or sometimes a few hours. The clients update correctly for awhile, then eventually they will report "Could not connect to server"..so I go into the ERA and clear the update cache (I've tried combinations of emptying the folder in Windows Explorer or just using the option in ERA to clear the mirror cache). After clearing that, the clients will update again..but only for a day or so. I've also created a completely new location for the mirror files.

Today it seemed to stop mirroring for clients after the ERA got the most recent definitions (4835). I cleared the cache, and clients are updating again.

Any help is appreciated!

Todd

2. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

3. toddritt

Thanks for the prompt reply! I will set up IIS to do the updates (it will give me a chance to play with IIS for 2008 anyway).

Todd

4. toddritt

By the way, after a few days of testing, it appears that using IIS as the update mirror has indeed solved my issues. Thanks again for the prompt reply!

5. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

No problem, good to see it works out now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.