ERA Multiple IP

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by expecto_patronum, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. expecto_patronum

expecto_patronum Registered Member

Hi,

Would it be possible to set ERA server to have multiple IP Address on a single NIC? My ERA server is sitting on 192.168.1.X network. I have 192.168.1.X ; 192.168.2.X ; 192.168.3.X ; 192.168.4.X and 192.168.5.X. Would it be possible to manage all machines from all those network from one ERA that sits on the first network?

Regards!
    :)

2. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Yes, that is possible, but that all depends on your network setup and topology and really isn't an ESET issue. We have a network with a range of IP addresses and have all computers talking to a central ERAS.

3. expecto_patronum

expecto_patronum Registered Member

Thanks for the information! :)

4. jst3751

jst3751 Registered Member

Generally speaking, purely from a networking perspective, it is not a good idea to have a server as a member of multiple networks, which is what you are doing.

Although way beyond the scope of this forum, your question begets a bunch of questions to you. The first is why are you running multiple IP networks within one physical network? If your answer is the number of nodes on the physical network, my answer is then use a different subnet mask and use suppernetting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.