ERA 4.0.122 IP address push install

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by yadnom, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yadnom

yadnom Registered Member

Can you no longer push an install directly to an IP address? I distinctly remember the last ERA 3.xx, I was able to manually add any computers, by name or IP address, then push an install out. I'm no longer able to find any semblance of this in the new ERA.

How long does it take for a new computer to show up in the the computers tab?

It doesn't seem like the Active Directory search is real-time. I can add a computer to the domain, but the ERA does not report it. Is there a way to force a refresh?

2. kocak_gober

kocak_gober Registered Member

I want that feature back too.:D

3. Fransb

Fransb Registered Member

Also want that back. sometimes i cant find clients or i have to refresh 10 times

4. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Agreed, a terrible idea removing the feature to manually add a computer name.

5. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Just wanted to mention that I found a way to add a custom machine name (and I assume IP address would work also) to the push install in the event that Active Directory doesn't show the computer, even though you've waited for hours.

Make sure the Filter pane is showing from the Remote Install screen.
    eset_01.PNG

You can then right click the the Custom List and create a Custom Group.
    eset_02.PNG

Type a Group Name and whatever computer names (or import from a list) into the box.
    eset_03.png

Once it's in the list you can then right click it and start the Push Install.

Hope that helps, it worked on the machine I tested with yesterday (Win7 x86)

Last edited: May 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.