EQSecure

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kiko78, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiko78

kiko78 Registered Member

Good morning
    Sorry for my bad english but iam french.
    I would like to know if eqsecure is good to face leaktests, how it behaves
    thank you for your answers

2. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Hi, I think that a good thing you can do is a search here in the forum. ;)

3. kiko78

kiko78 Registered Member

I have already sought, but I found very few specific answers, there are very positive points for this application but none reponses faces the leaktests presents on this site: http://www.matousec.com/projects/firewall -challenge/level.php? num = 1
    more I'm pretty bad at English and have probably not understood all the subtleties

4. Remouald

Remouald Registered Member

Salut kiko78,
    EQSecure does not provide outbound network protection...

5. kiko78

kiko78 Registered Member

ok, because I wanted to associate at jetico or look and stop but I would not be protected against some leaktests, so I'll keep comodo 3

6. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

Salut Kiko78 et bienvenue sur Wilders Security.

You can match Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 with EQS. Les deux vont très bien ensemble ;)

7. kiko78

kiko78 Registered Member

merci de vos reponses
    j'ai bien essayé outpost, il semble tres leger pourtant je ne parvient pas a parametrer correctement le parfeu, la création de regles me semble confuse ainsi que le HIPS incorporé, comodo quand a lui integre juste se qu'il faut pour ne pas ralentir l'ordinateur, un hips efficace et un parfeu modulable a souhait, mais j'ai cru entendre qu'il etait leger dans le filtrage de paquets, j'ai vu que toi alcyon tu etais capable de creer des regles pour eqsecure tu as donc surement de bonnes bases en securité informatique alors pourrais tu me dire si ma protection est suffisante et efficaceo_O
    (thank you for your answers
    I tried outpost, it seems very light yet I was unable to set a correct parfeu, the creation of rules seems confused as HIPS incorporated, comodo when it is integrated just need to not slow down the computer, hips and an efficient modular parfeu a wish, but I thought that he was light in the packet filtering, I saw that you alcyon you etais able to create rules for you therefore eqsecure probably a good foundation in computer security then you could tell me if my coverage is sufficient and effective)
    -nod32
    -comodo pro 3
    -routeur activé dans la box

des deja essayé plusieurs combinaisons (jetico-eqsecure, outpost-eqsecure, lns-eqsecure, lns-prosecurite.....) mais cette derniere me semble la plus legere ..
    merci encore pour vos reponses

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  8. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

La combinaison LnS + EQS serait la plus légère. En ce qui concerne OFP2009, tu peux toujours désactiver des modules et voir se ton ordinateur se comporte mieux! Pour ma part, j'enlève le web control, l'antispyware, dans la section "host protection" je désactive "enable critical system object controls", "windows hooking" "process memory injection", dans le fichier machine.ini d'outpost je remplace:

[AFW]
    ; Allow traffic processing in user mode.
    EnableContentHandler=TRUE

par

[AFW]
    ; Allow traffic processing in user mode.
    EnableContentHandler=false

et je laisse eqs s'occuper du reste.

Pour les autres logiciels, tu peux toujours remplacer NOD32 par Avira Antivir (que je considère meilleur) et ajouter SandboxIE + SuperAntispyware à ton arsenal.

Edit: Si EQSecure te semble trop compliqué, je te conseille Emsisoft Mamutu.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  9. ex3

ex3 Registered Member

guys if you have some to say about eqsecure, please post in English

10. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I agree the OP thread Is perfectly under standable english. lets keep it that way please So we may all benefit from it.On Topic EQSecure Seems to be a good Hips but from what I seen from others doing some testing, It leaves blank Information on some warning pop ups.IMO the Lack of Detail can put a user of greater risk to answer correctly.Thats the extent of my knowledge of EQS.I for just the reason mention above would not use a lack of informational HIPS. PS your english is perhaps better then mine and thats my first lang. please parden my english never has been my strong point.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  11. kiko78

kiko78 Registered Member

thank you, but I must compliment thank google translation

12. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

EQS can be configured so stupid easy to perform the same exact defense blocks as Windows XP SRP. Name a Group Rule in the BlackList section, scroll or browse to the directory of choice, add /* at the end of the path, set the configs to all Block, especially READING, and Presto! instant SRP, because what another file can't read as in BLIND, to it, it doesn't even exist since it's in total lockdown.

Great HIPS and free too!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.