EQSecure Total LockDown

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by EASTER, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I been tinkering with this program named RegTick that can disable nearly everything even the more annoying malware always seems to use to throw users in confusion and panic, but if you follow the paths (they are listed in RegTick) and add rules to EQS against such disabling, and RegTick is equipped with a ton of them, you can succesfully prepare against any of these tactics malware makers always like to throw in their wares.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/RegTick_d2710.html

Such as disabling registry tools, disabling access to Control Panel, and a whole host of many other such tactics i seen over & over again on affected clients computers before.

Just check them out, add the most common ones to EQS and it stops RegTick cold as a cucumber.

Any ideas, thoughts, opinions on this? Definitely tightens EQS's grip on malwares easiest disruptions.

Or is there a more universal setting to cover all these types of attempts, i'm open to better and/or easier rules suggestions to thwart RegTick methods.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  2. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

I'm gonna try it. Here is developer pages:

Regtick

EDIT: First and fast conclusion is that I like to see exactly which options can use in XP, 2k, 98 and so on. Now there reads "some are 9x only" but of course I can still test those. After all this looks must have hardening tool for me.

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I thought i had this REgTick under control by adding various reg settings but RegTick still disables like Task Manager/Regedit etc. so this is obviously a project for more study and testing. I don't want to use BAN to the program itself but to the settings it uses to disable various normal settings but didn't work, at least not yet, any ideas where i'm going wrong or missing the mark?

Thanks EASTER

4. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Okay... Start Menu items didn't work maybe I have to restart?! Disabling Task Manager works immediatelly and I can undo that too. Same with Regedit.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Yeah, this HIPS is fortunate for us users because it's so light and can easily accept many rules without affecting perfomance at all. I just want to capture every single possibility even from apps like reg tick, but i know i got my work cut out for me. Seems it would be easier if there was some universal setting to alert to all keys/subkeys without too much repeated distraction from valid accesibility needed for normal operations.

I use XP Pro and i may end up resorting to Anti-Executable although i would much rather prefer to target keys/subkeys that Microsoft crammed so many IMO unnecessary DISABLE regulations into the registry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.