EQSecure conflict with EAZ-FIX?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by aigle, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am not sure that my finding is true?

I recently installed Eaz Fix from GAOD. Now i noticed that EQS is not working properly in Eaz Fix anapshots. It,s very very strange. Here is wat happens.
    In Application Protect rules( anti-execution mode):

If i run a new exe say aa.exe, EQS gives a popup, I deny it and aa.exe can, run.
    Now i try to run aa.exe agaiun, this time no poups and it just runs without any problem. Now suppose aa.exe creates a new file bb.exe and tries to run bb.exe, i get a popup alert. I deny it and bb.exe doesn,t run. Now if aa.exe start to run bb.exe once more, no alerts and bb.exe is able to run. So EQS is bypassed due to this conflict.

Very strange indeed. Can anyone confirm this? There doesn,t seem any issues with my system as before instaling Eaz Fix I format and installed XP Home via recovery CD( started from fresh).

Thanks

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I checked again and the beahvior is inconsistent. However it does show this behav many times and sometimes even doesn,t block any executable at all. Then if I shutdown and launch EQS again, it,s OK!

I have seen such issue with EQS while using in Shadow mode of SS but that was virualization, so it was acceptabel but never though such issues with Eaz Fix.

3. QQ2595

QQ2595 Registered Member

Both need to hook the same native API. maybe.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

BTW can,t reproduce it now!!
    QQ2595 pls check ur PM box!

Thanks

5. QQ2595

QQ2595 Registered Member

Hi, I have checked. I will send you the one you want when I come back from holiday,

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Oh! thanks a lot. Best of all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.