EQSecure 4.1

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Smiggy, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

Hi,

Did anyone manage to produce/translate an english version of this app?
    I notice EASTER has EQSecure 4.3 with Alcyon's rulesets?

Please advise, anyone!

:D

2. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

<<BUMP>>

:)

3. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

Hi Smiggy.

EQSecure v4.1+ has not yet been translated.
    EASTER is using v4 Beta3, i think.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I'll see if i can gather up the complete beta 3 version 4 for you and PM you when it's ready.

I use that release and with Alcyon's Rules completely compatible it's like a Lazer Sharp defense shield! You'll be pleased for sure, but remember this works for me on XP Pro SP2, that platform is perfect for this.

EASTER

5. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

That would be fantanstic and greatly appreciated.
    Currently HIPS free at moment, just using SandBoxIE with NIS 2009.

Having withdrawal symptoms from lack of pop-ups, :D

:thumb:

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Still experimenting with Beta3 Version4 but Alcyon's Rules seem to take hold and work with precision. I'll run some hard tests to be sure all is as expected. This as always is for XP SP2 (NO SP3) although i haven't tried that service pack yet.

Problem with these service packs is that they break my customizations every time i try to transition over to them, and since theres no real performance gain to be realized, any security patch they were intended to address is already covered by vendor's products. So no need to add another bunch of useless space wasting files that always just only sit around and cause confusion because i inventory every single file on my XP Pro system with a program named INTEGRITY CHECKER and i prefer to keep it that way.

As far as EQS 4.1, not sure that one is been translated at all to english although i have scrapped a lot of chinese language in some versions for english succesfully.

EASTER

7. arran

arran Registered Member

where can I download EQSecure 4.3 from??

is it in English?

8. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

I don't understand why people keep asking for an EQSecure version that doesn't even exist (v4.3??).
    The latest released version is v4.1+ (not yet translated):

http://www.eqsecure.com/download.html

Edit:

EASTER, i noticed v4.3 in your sig. It should be v4.0 Beta3 (not exactly the same ;) ).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Yeah i just caught that myself.

I think some folks are confusing v4.0 beta 3 with Magic Shield, which might be beyond the 4 range although good luck trying to bring it to english or other lingo.

It's been a chore just chasing down missing tags, replacing scribble with neat lined english (and/or french) ;) etc.

Good work on consistently feeding new rules into EQS though. Make all the diffeence in the world.

EASTER

10. arran

arran Registered Member

yea I didn't read the thread properly, I just saw 4.3 in Easters sig before. I guess it was just our friend Easter getting carried away.

11. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

No, i just accidently omitted the zero, thats all.

@Alcyon

Have you been able to bring these boxes of version (Magic Shield) aka EQS 4.1 into some readable form then this? Only the configuration box for me is showing english.

I'm still lurking the chinese forums in search for someone who will encourage the maker to fill in all the blanks in this 4.1 version with the 115 Kb driver. I'm still trying your rules for 3.41 in this version because the settings at least are in english.

Attached Files:

• af.jpg
      af.jpg
      File size:
      19.1 KB
      Views:
    • af2.jpg
      af2.jpg
      File size:
      20.4 KB
      Views:
    • eng.jpg
      eng.jpg
      File size:
      33.8 KB
      Views:
  12. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Nice work guys, so you nearly de-coded the chinese literals and text into English. Must have taken a lot of late night hours

Thx

K

13. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I've even run it thru my RESTORATOR app which i haven't used in years. Gonna take some effort and time to piece this mess back to some form of reasonable form. Darn that obnoxious language. I would much rather trnslate Russian. At least they use letters/alphabet :doubt:

EASTER

14. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

EASTER, if i remember well, i was unable to translate the first two buttons at the upper left of the main menu (IE button + Hide Folders) aswell as one element inside one of those two new things. The xml information seems to be present but i believe there's some errors from the dev within his code that make some elements appear incorrectly on the gui. The developer need to cooperate else i feel it'll be a real pita to find the exact source of the problem. I'll send you my xmls soon.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  15. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

I'm glad Easter fixed his sig. That should prevent the rest of us mopes from incorrectly referencing a non existing version revision.

Did I notice KDE beneath the Super Silent Star? Guest, Host or Dual?

Was thinking of adding OA or CIS. Will their HIPs interfere with EQS?

16. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I totally agree with you Alcyon

I went into the hard code and notice he started english nicely but for some reason he stopped code and finished it in that chinese character set that ruins readability for the rest of us. And theres nothing we can do on this end it seems, it's up to the developer if he wants to adapt the source to full english.

So we're in limbo once again and just have to wait and see i guess.

EASTER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.