EQSecure 4.0 Expectations

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by EASTER, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Hello EQS Group.

I notice some former once satisfied users of EQSecure have grown weary from what seems like an extended delay of the release of EQS 4.0 final and instead have turned to alternatives HIPS to try and stay with other HIPS security apps to help keep pace with the newest and in some cases, smartest/latest innovations to stay ahead of the curve as they say.

Was wondering is anyone even remotely keeping vigil on EQSecure matters have any idea IF or WHEN they might reach some timeline to finally release the full 4.0.

The anticipation for some of us users border on almost torturous long expectation, but without some direct lead/info to pass along to the users of it right now, it begs to question what if any progress is actively still being crafted from EQSecure makers i wonder.

EASTER

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Easter,

I think it is an Irish saying "behold of the patience seeking revenge". So EQS developer's patience in striking back at its competitors only builds up my expectations and trust to his craftmanship.

Yes I have turned to D+, but EQS easy import/export of rules (try that with D+) will only take me a minute to become up and running using EQS.

I think it is a good thing to thoroughly test this major relaease. Many developers will envy the hughe customer base EQS can lean on in optimising its comming release.

Enjoy your time trying a different solution. :)

Regards Kees

3. subset

subset Registered Member

Hi,

maybe someone should book a heavy advertising campaign for EQS 4 to pressurize the developers. ;)

I would keep in mind that EQS is Freeware from China, there is most likely no big publisher and no date fixed.

Just wait and see.

Cheers

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Thanks guys:

These days it can mean a death sentence if a wolf is charging headlong at you with no nearby tree to climb. I don't want to sound too anxious but although i've not defected from EQS, i have now turned to ProSecurity HIPS untill or if something of substance lands on the scene again regarding EQS 4.0

No one is been more enthusiastic or devoted to EQS HIPS like i been, but time marches on and in the meantime malware makers don't go on vacation all at once. LoL

I was apprehensive at first but find ProSecurity exactly what trusting users of it have been saying all along. It's another HIPS to learn all over again, but IMO the longer a slice of bread lays openly exposed, the sooner MOLD develops on it, eventually ruining it's nutritional value.

Strange analogy i know, and i haven't given up yet, but i've lurked the EQSecure site many weeks now and recent days, and the up-to-date posts i read so far doesn't point to anything going on to justify clinging to a waiting game.

I know ProSecurity fell off the radar too if not still, but i had no idea it was as good as i discovered from it so far.

And frankly, time & NEW malware waits for no one. LoL

EASTER

5. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hey EASTER, you seems to be impatient.:p You have been working so hard to tweak EQS to your taste!

ProSecurity has not been updated since January either you know that I suppose, before EQS 4.0 in fact!

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Yeah i know.

As extra efficient (and popular) as they've become over time, there also seems to be a trend with these classical HIPS of reaching a dropping point, or delay if you will.

Guess users like myself will just have to be satisified with the progress they made so far and sit it out untill they update again.

EASTER

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I tried EQS once. I couldn't work with it, because I didn't understand what I was doing.
    EQS is not for average users and that means automatically, that only a small group of users is interested, no matter how good EQS is.
    EQS will never be a best-seller either, so it must start as a freeware to get at least some attention.

The bottom line is that only the developper is the soul behind EQS.
    Any idea for a software starts with alot of enthousiasm and the intellectual challenge to make it work, but that doesn't last forever.
    Or the software dies or the development slows down and there can be alot of reasons why it slows down.
    After all creating such a software is ALOT OF WORK + BRAINWORK and you need lots of idealism, plenty of energy, be a strong believer and having a strong personality to finish the job and all this without financial benefits. In fact such softwares are never finished, so it's a job forever.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Theres truth in a lot of that.

FD-ISR (Genuine) comes to mind as an OUTSTANDING and perhaps LEGENDARY innovation that for all purposes ended up simply a flash-in-the-pan but still is extremely useful for those who happened to get in on it while the going was good albeit brief.

HIPS on the other hand is another huge helpful innovation and hopefully their developments have not run out of steam just yet.

I fear Vista is still the underlying reason for such delays and improvements as more & more users gradually fall under it's spell. :ouch:

After all, software developers are driven to compatibility for the latest Microsoft O/S's no matter if popular or not.

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

That could be indeed one of the main reasons, but I'm not a technical person.
    I don't know what a developper has to do to make a winXP-application work under winVISTA. Is that alot work or not ? I have no idea.

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Well, i couldn't stand it anymore so i returned quickly back to EQS 4.0 Beta with Alcyons Rulesets.

It just covers so much better and is undeniably Lite and Strong in the areas i expect most.

Thanks to Alcyon, you can even prevent folders from being created like some malware starts with right away once they get a toe hold inside your system.

This EQS is just too formidable a HIPS to ignore. It covers a whole lot of real estate and doesn't puke when confronted nor does it's internal makeup cause any UNEXPECTED hesitations or grief that can throw a user into confusion.

EASTER

11. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

:thumb: :)

12. xuesisi

xuesisi Registered Member

The new ProS will releas

In fact , new testing version is out

13. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH xuesisi for finally coming forward again for us with this news.

BUT!! Please can you tell us when EQS Final might become a reality for those of us who are very favoring it and appreciate the development efforts thats been shared with us so far.

Gracious Thanks

EASTER

14. subset

subset Registered Member

Hi,

new eqsecure.com website is online, a sign for upcoming v4? :doubt:

Cheers

15. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

There is an EQSecure 4.0 beta 3 available here.

16. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I find import/export of D+ rules is very easy. You do not?

I stick with D+ because it is THE most actively maintained HIPS that I know of, AND Comodo has a staff with the size & expertise to keep it current, AND Comodo's proprietor is (IMO) a very competitive fellow who detests being anything but BEST in any & all comparison tests.

17. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Yup,

But D+ does not always take over my own created registry protection, anyway since DefenseWall has resource protection I now let DW handle HKCU entries which I want to protect, als TF handlws outbound so just with XP firewall + DW + TF.

No rules rule!

18. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

That was one chaotic website. Never did find the download link but when i did try one it was named something like Storm :blink: etc.

Just can't read Chinese hieroglyphics at all here.

19. xuesisi

xuesisi Registered Member

NO! ,it's a joke.

there's no beta3 ver. just beta2 2008.4.28

20. pidbo

pidbo Registered Member

When you go to the page http://www.onlinedown.net/soft/52693.htm#download and hover your mouse over some of the Chinese characters on the left (second orange arrow down) will take you to lists of download sites.

The download is a rar file
    Inside the rar are the beta files and a readme html file
    When I doubleclicked on the html file it opens to a page about onlinedown and then transfers to an urlindex page.
    When I closed this html file and then tried to delete it I got "this file is busy"
    I deleted it using Unlocker

21. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

xuesis

Could you please encourage the developer when he has time to look at EQS deeper again, if he might add more SSDT Table hooking? I know with some users it's a grey area and some say doesn't add so much in the way of security, but if that was true, then why is that SSM fills nearly the entire SSDT Table with their safemon.sys hooks to cover those Zw/Nt instructions?

Thanks and waiting with much anticipation for EQS 4.0 one day to become a final finished fantastic HIPS!

EASTER

22. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

May i also suggest that the AUTOSTART MODULES settings also include at least a few normal running processes that could be immediately restarted again if disabled if the programming can be determined exclusive and doable.

Thanks EASTER

EQS Loyal!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.