epfwlog.dat log 2.27 Gigs

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by ThomasAdams, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasAdams

ThomasAdams Registered Member

Hello,

For some reason this log has grown to an umanagable size. Attempting to open it via Tools>Logs renders ESS in a busy state utilizing over 70% system resources for a period of time (progress made almost complete in 8 hours). Can I delete this file manually without causing problems with ESS? I am hoping it will just re-create the dat file and continue logging. After which, I will look into limiting what is recorded to log file in the options. I pressed the cancel button 7.5 hours ago (approx) and it fails to cancel the operation(s).

Thank you!
    Thomas

2. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

Just wonder if you have changed the default settings in Advanced Setup for the log files. Reduce the number of days to keep and make sure Optimization is ticked. Reducing the number of days and running a manual optimization may reduce the size. I have the default settings and my file is only a few kilobytes.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe you have enabled logging of rules that are applied very frequently. In such case, the log can grow quickly. Still, you can keep only the logs for x last days - check the log maintanance settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.