Environment Variables

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Bournesup, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bournesup

Bournesup Registered Member

Does regdefend utilize environment variables and stores them as such. I am new to regdefend. However, for program exceptions, etc..., when I enter a path using environment variables it automatically converts them to expanded strings with the appropriate path. It also saves those strings in the group rules. Not all windows users use the default path that the O/S assigns to them. Especially if you setup windows in unattend mode.

If regdefend does have the option of saving the environment variables intack, let me know where and how it is done. It does not show in the help files. If it doesn't save the environment variables, for example %windir%, then it should. This would allow for greater flexibility, portability, especially when designing generic group rules and program exceptions.

2. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Bournesup,
    As you have observed RD doesn't currently save environment variables when they have been entered into a file selection box.

As I understand it, this has already been scheduled as an enhancement that will be added into a not too distant version for precisely the reasons you have suggested

Regards

3. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

It is already included in the next version of RegDefend (currently unreleased).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.