environment variables in exclusion lists

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by oliverm, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliverm

oliverm Registered Member

Is it possible to use environment variables in exclusion lists within the configurations?

like %programfiles% for example, rather than having to use all the combinations of "c:\program files" or "d:\program files" ?

Olly

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Yes, system variables are supported.

3. oliverm

oliverm Registered Member

Do you know where in the configure to put them? If I put them in the kernel exclusions then they are removed when applied to the client (viewing the configure of the client shows that exclusion has gone).

I'm using "%variable name%" as a folder as well as "%variable name%\file.exe" as a file exclusion.

Olly

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

On clients you should see a variable resolved in gui whilst it will still remain as a variable in the registry. I tested it a while ago and it worked like a charm. Perhaps you could upload your cfg xml somewhere (make sure not to include sensitive data, such as your U/P) and PM me the download link so that I can test it with your file myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.