Enterprise Edition Install Problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Inf0, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inf0

Inf0 Registered Member

I've used NOD32 at home for over a year, and finally have the leverage to get us to switch at work as well. However, I'm trying to learn to install the software by using the trial while I get my quotes and purchases lined up, and am having some problems.

My test setup is 2 boxes - 1 2003 and 1 XP - both running on VMware. (I read something about NOD32 and VMware having nonspecific problems, any truth to this?)

I would like to give a huge thanks to Blackspear for his fantastic guide - it got me much further than I was able to do through trial and error (I'm really disappointed by the official user manuals - quite surprised to see how poor it really was.) Edit: found some additional PDFs in the trial license email that are much better than the ones on the website - still digging through these.

I was able to get the server packages and client installed using the guide, but on the RAC, I see that the server and client are both out of date - but clearly the server install shows 2157 in the control center, AND the client does as well.

Any help anyone can give is appreciated.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t134/1nf0/prob1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome.

Please ask your Reseller / Distributor or ESET for an Evaluation License of the Enterprise Edition while you are waiting for pricing, I'm certain you will find your test bed updates after this.

Cheers :D

3. Inf0

Inf0 Registered Member

The license is already in place - installed per your instructions in the thread. Hence my befuddlement over why some things appear to update and some don't. Is there an additional place I have to install the license in the RAS/RAC?

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t134/1nf0/1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you also installed the .lic file?

Cheers :D

5. alglove

alglove Registered Member

In the Remote Administrator Console, go to Tools --> Server Options. In the "License Information" section, what do you see? (Just making sure that the license key is actually getting read correctly.)

Another possibility...

I noticed on your screenshot that the last update was completed at 13:33:55 PM. The clock in your taskbar shows 2:02 PM (14:02). The least recent connection shown on the RAC was "40 minutes ago", which would be at 13:22... before the update at 13:33:55. Could there be some sort of network connectivity problem?

You may also try stopping and restarting the "NOD32 Remote Administration Server" service on the server and see what happens.

6. BFG

BFG Registered Member

First take a look at the server, and then the mirror.

On the server, go NOD32 Control Center (down by the clock) > Update > Setup. As this machine is the only one going to our servers that window should have the user name and password fields filled in, and Server location set to <Choose automatically> .

Now to Mirror > Setup. It's recommended to check "Require permission to perform program component upgrade" as a reboot is necessary after doing so.

Then, choose a location for the update files to be copied to. Here's what I use.

C:\Program Files\ESET\MirrorUpdates

I highly recommend using the HTTP protocol to get the updates to the clients, as it is much less likely to fail than a network share so that box must be checked, as well as "Create update mirror".

Now to the client. Go NOD32 Control Center (down by the clock) > Update > Setup > Servers > Add.

In this window the IP address, or the server name, (if it's resolvable) must be entered in exactly the correct format. http:\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8081. Then click OK.

There can be no user name or password in the client Update > Setup window, and the servers address must be visible.

As long as the mirror updates from the Server, the clients should then update from the mirror.

BFG

7. Inf0

Inf0 Registered Member

Ok, both the server and client are in fact getting updated defs - 2159. So, it seems it's just the RAC that is showing incorrect info. o_O

Some responses to your questions:

Yes, it's installed.

License is installed and displays it expires at the end of April. Network problems are highly unlikely - these are VMware boxes on the same physical server (bridged). Ping -t shows no problems.

Tried stopping and restarting the service, but no change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.