Enterprise Deployment of Acronis components

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gmileon, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmileon

gmileon Registered Member

I need to deploy TrueImage 8 Corporate Workstation and the Image Agent to 75 client machines. The management console won't allow me to select multiple computers for remote installation. I want to roll this out to all the machines on my network at once. Can I use an Active Directory GPO to automate the installation or do I have to use the console and do it one machine at a time? Thanks for the advice.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gmileon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

I am afraid that the current version of Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation does not support multicasting. This feature will be implemented in future versions.

We suggest you the following workaround:

Using Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation you will be able to create special bootable rescue media. Then boot from it each computer where you need to deploy the image and restore the image to one computer at a time.

Also we recommend to read the information about Acronis Snap Deploy. This program allows you to deploy server multicasts an image archive created from a master PC to networked target computers.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. gmileon

Thank you for your response. I had a feeling the management console wouldn't support multicasting. However, I was thinking I should be able to push install Corporate Workstation and the Image Agent by creating a Group Policy Object in Active Directory that points to the .msi in the RemoteInstall folder. If I used this method would I need a .mst to configure the installer? Can you give me any additional info?

4. Acronis Support

Hello gmileon,

We haven't tested the remote installation to several computers at once using Active Directory. However, you may extract the .msi package and then install Acronis True Image Agents in the way that suits your needs.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. gmileon

I tested a push install of the Image Agent and Corporate Workstation with Active Directory GPO's. The installation of both proceeded as expected and the installer performed an automatic reboot before the login screen appeared. I was able to connect to the remote machine from the Management Console, so it would seem installing the Image Agent via GPO is a viable option. However, the installation of Corporate Workstation was not usable since the application could not find the proper serial number (this was the error message I got). A transform (.mst) would likely fix this problem. Does Acronis have a utility I can use to easily create one?

6. Acronis Support

Hello gmileon,

We regret to inform you that we do not have any utility that can be used to perform the transformation. We will implement the option of installing Acronis components on several computers in future.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. pmcqueen

pmcqueen Registered Member

Do you have to buy 75 licences to deploy the agent on 75 workstations or can you legally deploy the agent as many times as you want? Thanks.

8. Acronis Support

Hello pmcqueen,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

The number of licenses you have should be not less than the number of computers where Acronis True Image (local part) or Acronis True Image Agent are installed. You may install Acronis True Image Management Console to any computers you wish without purchasing additional licenses. Also you may install Acronis True Image (local part) and Acronis True Image Agent to the same computer having only one license (in other words computer but not the parts of the software should be counted).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.