Enterprise Build 1143 - assign drive letter wrong

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wdormann, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Minor bug in True Image Enterprise build 1143:

I go to mount an image in Windows explorer. In the combobox for the drive letter of the mounted image, it lists "C:" but that letter is already in use. If I do proceed with "C:" selected, it does mount successfully as "L:" (the first available drive letter)

2. TonioRoffo

TonioRoffo Registered Member

I've been reporting this since the last build.

It's also impossible to select just one partition to mount of your backup set has more.

Furthermore, if you select another letter, and you choose "back", and get into the selection menu where you can pick the right backup (if you have incrementals), the backup detail shows wrong drive letters in the partition graphic.

It's very buggy. Oh, and chances are with 1143, using mount, all your data will show up corrupted.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wdormann and Tonio,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

This problem is known and has already been solved. The next build of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server will include the fix.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. collisba

collisba Registered Member

Do you have an expected release date for the next build? I'm still using 945 for my images, but 1143 only for mounting on 2003 box.. 1124, and 1143 are a bit buggy.

Brian

5. TonioRoffo

Well i'm waiting for it, but my client is furious why I can't finish his brand new SBS2003 & clients install.

I keep telling him, next version, next version....

6. Acronis Support

Hello Brian and Tonio,

Thank you for your patience. We expect the new build to be released soon. If you need to restore the image build 1143 will be ok and should work properly. Is the mounting problem the only one that prevents you from using it?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. TonioRoffo

Yes!

We use acronis TI at this client for backup and to restore single files. This particular client need to go back to older versions of their data regulary, and use TI. With 1143, they can't or they get garbage instead of data... until I changed TI to build 1123, now then can, but it's buggy (multiple drives get mounted, etc.)

Build 1143 is almost out for a month and still no fix...

8. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

i reported this problem the day it was released to acronis tech support but they seem to be unhelpful as they didnt understand when i explained it to them in detail that the variable wasnt updating so it was always using the default one.

I gave up reporting issues with acronis since their tech support and updates seem to of slowed down.

9. Acronis Support

Hello A|ex,

Could you please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.